Beetle ID

Highway61

Chameleon Enthusiast
Found this bug (looks like a beetle to me) in my chams bioactive viv today. This would be what an un-eaten superworm develops to? Safe for the cham to eat or remove immediately?

Thanks for the answers, half and whole :D

The one feeder my cham consistantly wastes no time going after are the superworms so I'm surprised any got by him to develeop. I only give him maybe 3 or 4 a week as treats but I don't like beetles either (love the band) so I will collect and release as I spot them.

@JacksJill idea actually isn't as hard as it would seem, literally all I use to breed them is oatmeal for bedding, plastic containers or egg cartons as housing and then feed them a variety of food, carrots seem to be what my breeding population likes. I keep mine in a small plastic critter keeper and change out the bedding on a regular basis and put the used bedding into an old cricket container and wait for the babies to hatch and grow. So frustrating seeing mainly just oatmeal in the containers but be able to hear the worms moving around if I put my ear to the side of the container. Meal worms are also super easy to breed. Not sure how fast the worms grow though as I just started to breed them successfully, first attempt at pupating the worms resulted in a bunch of deformed adults, now I have at least 30 adults and it's hilarious because despite the multiple housing structures I give them and multiple food sources, they all cram into the one house. I think they like to party lol I'll get a pic so you can see what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom