Been or going to Madagascar?

I know there are tours available etc. and previous posts and pics from those of you who have been. For those curious in going in the near future I thought this would be a great place to get some personal experiences. What experiences have you had? Where did you stay? Did you go with a group? What was your purpose? What sort of things can be done over there to preserve the ecosystem etc.

Chris Anderson

Dr. House of Chameleons
Staff member
I went with Bill Love a couple years ago on a trip dedicated to seeing certain chameleon species I was interested in. During my trip, I traveled a good portion of the country and saw 18 different species in the wild and a number of different F. pardalis locales. In captive collections, I saw an additional 11 species. During the trip we stayed in a number of different types of accomadation, from camping to classy beachfront resorts. As far as recommendations I can make, it all depends how long you'll be there, what time of year, where you are planning on going and what you want to see.

Chris

Jordan

I actually started looking over some packages online after I read your post. They look way cheaper then I thought. I might try a vacation to there out. My real problem is I could only get off during the slow season. Which looks to be their rain season.

Chris Anderson

Dr. House of Chameleons
Staff member
The best time for chameleons and reasonable traveling around is in late December/January (the start of their wet season). The chams are out and the rain hasn't started to destroy all the roads for the most part.

Chris

Top Bottom