Been away a while...

Hey guys, Ive been busy. I start nursing school next month, so I'll be even busier!

In the past year, I've lost a lot of animals. I transferred the melleri to my brother for a while. I just have two adult chameleons...

And aload of babies. The little guys have started to hatch.

They are veileds from a huge FLWC male and a big FLWC female.

Glad to see you back, even if only for a while! Sorry you have lost a lot of animals, that is hard. Nursing School will be a challenge. I volunteer at the hospital and that is where the nursing students from the college do their internships. They all talk about how hard it is, but I know you will do great.:):)

Eric, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your animals. We'd love to see pictures of your babies. :) Welcome back.

welcome back to the boards. I am sorry for the loss of your pets, I know that can be hard and heart breaking. Good luck in nursing school I hear it is tough from a friend who did it. He made it through and is know working at a hospital. Tons of studying and keeping focused and you will do just fine! Best of luck :)

I lost most of my animals in a short period of time. I lost 4 CB male veileds, 4 females (2 WC, 2CB), Ardi, my 5 year old CB melleri, and shortly afterwards, my CH male deremensis just dropped dead.

All this happened within a month or two. Every animal was plump and healthy when they died. I believe it was from my apartment complex spraying outside. All the animals that died were along the windows - none of the ones that were away from the windows got sick or died, but all the animals along the windows died. It wasn't cold, there was no issue with RI's or anything.

I do know they sprayed all around the back of the building (below the windows) within a week or so of them going downhill. I'm pretty sure it was from that.

Oh well, I've since moved!

I took the pic with my camera phone... I had to use the onboard flash, and I'm surprised it's as good as it is.

Attachments

• hatchling.jpg
    hatchling.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 137
Welcome back!! Sorry about your losses but I'm glad that you are having some little gems coming into the world. :D

I totally cannot believe you took THAT picture with a cell phone - that's fantastic!! :D

Welcome back!!

I am really sorry about all your losses. No matter if what you suspect is indeed how your chameleons died, i think it is a good warning for everyone about external factors that may kill your chameleons. I, for myself, never thought of that and i'll make sure it never happens to me.

Thanks for the picture Eric. Nothing sweeter than babies. :) I wish my phone made pics like that. Congrats on the babies and the best of luck with school.

I'm posting this (and started the topic) from that phone. I went ahead and got an upgrade to the new droid X. It's terrible in low light, but takes great pics otherwise - it had 8MP and an HD video camera.
The best thing is that it has a huge screen, so you can bypass the mobile version of a web page and just use the normal version.

I an week or two, it will get a software upgrade and support adobe flash, so it will get all the internet.

Fun fun fun.

That's TERRIBLE to hear Eric! I feel very lucky that I own my own home so I know everything and anything that gets applied on or around my house.

Years ago when faced with my move to AK, I rehomed my male deremensis and male fischeri to a great young keeper in another state. She built a wonderful free range for them in the basement. All went fine for a few months until she got them some night moths lured to a porch light. Within 2 days they both died of neurological problems. She was crushed and felt so terrible and there was nothing she could have done.

Well, out of 19 eggs laid, 19 eggs hatched. always nice when that happens! Especially after such a busy, rough year (and losing so many animals).

They incubated a long time, and came out huge. I gave them 1/8" crickets for the first week, just in case they wouldn't try to eat 1/4" crickets yet (they were fully capable of doing it, but I usually get 1/8" for the first round just in case there's any little ones).

I also gave them some baby B.lateralis roaches after a few days. They hatched out big enough to eat them and 1/4"+crickets from the start. I hate pinheads. I hate pinheads. I hate pinheads.

I can't wait to see what these guys look like: The father is awesome: nearly two feet long, huge casque, beautiful colors and flawless patterns. Only problem is that he hates captivity and turns black at the sight of a human. The CB's will probably not have that problem!

Back
Top Bottom