Bee Pollen

The list @JacksJill provided...."translated"...I hope..
Coleoptera ...beetles
Gastropoda ...snails
Squamata ...lizards
Diplopoda ...millipedes, etc
Hemiptera ...leafhoppers, cicadas, aphids, etc
Dermaptera ...earwigs, etc
Isopoda ...wood lice, etc
Hymenoptera ...bees, wasps, etc
Orthoptera ...grasshoppers, crickets, etc.
Collembola ...springtails, etc.
Neuroptera ...lacewings, etc.
Dkotera ...flies
Lepidoptera ...butterflies, moths
Araneae ..spiders
Blattodea...roaches, termites, etc.
Psocodes...lice, etc
How many of these would come into contact with pollen?

Have to be careful with Hymenoptera, Ants are a very big family in that genus.

Butterflies and Moths are the only pure pollinators consumed from what I can see.

Beetles may consume come in contact with pollen, depends on the beetle. Same for Ants, however Flower Pollen =/= Bee Pollen. The fermentation process of Bee pollen makes it considerably stronger it's said and alters the chemical makeup.

There is also, proposed risks of "Bee Pollen" this site is trying to sell you something so take that with a grain, but here it is.
http://www.somalab.net/studies-reports/flower-vs-bee-pollen/

Again, 2 diffrent arguments here. Obviously chameleons take to eating pollinators. The question is the rate of consumption. Both articles state that Chameleons are exposed to Large amounts of pollen, in every feeding. The stomach contents do not support that claim, without knowing a type of the beetles consumed especially.

Last edited:
I wonder if they have "fake" bee pollen. They have fake honey and fake maple syrup. Seems pretty high tech, every time the inspectors develop a new test, the fakers figure out a new method to make test as real honey and syrup.

I wonder if they have "fake" bee pollen. They have fake honey and fake maple syrup. Seems pretty high tech, every time the inspectors develop a new test, the fakers figure out a new method to make test as real honey and syrup.
I’ve not ever seen it , I’m pretty into that sort of thing . However I’m sure it won’t be long !.

Back
Top Bottom