Bedding to moist?

chameleoman

Avid Member
i have some veiled eggs that turned exactly one month old today and they started getting black patches i herd that if the substrate is to wet they get the black mold so i her a senior member here cleans the eggs with hydrogen peroxide misted it with water and dried it and all of the mold came off but one went to far to clean off of the egg so i didnt touch it but i see pics of peoples vermiculite and it looks really wet and mines just damp so why is this happening to my eggs?

here are pics of my eggs and setup from my old thread

https://www.chameleonforums.com/egg-help-81467/

eggs could just be no good or have went bad in general. I noticed my geckos eggs molded in higher humidity in comparison to my chameleon eggs. I use coco and will be going to perlite or aquatic pond stones on future clutches.

i know people dont agree with candling but i tried it on a few and i see the big red vein in there im going to get some new vermiculite and poke 4 big holes on the top of my incubator then ill clean the eggs one last time and put them in ther vermiculite but ill barely spray any water in the vermiculite

again all/any info is appreciated as this is my first ever clutch thanks:)

id never risk hydrogen peroxide. even if i was told its "okay" without a substantial amount of evidence.

moldy just happens when thyre infertile.

if you can seperate them and let them dry a bit thats the best thing you could do in my opinion. slightly dessicated eggs do and will bounce back.

i have some eggs and have been using vermiculite. mixed the vermiculite with water, then squeezed out the excess water with my hands so it was wet and stuck together but not soaked and dripping. put each egg from the laying bid into the vermiculite, with a little pressure to set it in there. put the lid on and opened the vent on our plastics container, and put the container in the closet.

Back
Top Bottom