Chameleon egg denting/deflating

Jinesis

Posted pics of one of my eggs …. Got like this a few days ago and nothing… what do I do? Is it dead?☠️

Also one of my other eggs has a tiny spot that looks a bit like mold. When I gently wipe it it comes off it’s a really small dot/spot. Is there a possibility it’s also no good?

Attachments

• IMG_9627.jpeg
    IMG_9627.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9626.jpeg
    IMG_9626.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 12
so I purchased a few eggs from different chama and they’re in the same container but different parents

Here’s my only survivor of 4 so far I have 5 more
IMG_9674.png

Attachments

• IMG_9673.png
    IMG_9673.png
    600.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9667.png
    IMG_9667.png
    488.9 KB · Views: 12
It might be something to do with differences in how many days the eggs were laid at the time you purchased them.. or the fact that the eggs came from different parents.

It’s thought that the babies give off pheromones that could make the eggs all hatch at the same time and if some of the eggs weren’t ready yet, the babies aren’t able to survive. I know I’m not explaining this as clearly as I’d like, but I hope you get what I mean.

Hard to know what the issue is without more information.

This might explain…
https://academic.oup.com/icb/article/51/1/49/639978?login=false

It might be something to do with differences in how many days the eggs were laid at the time you purchased them.. or the fact that the eggs came from different parents.

It’s thought that the babies give off pheromones that could make the eggs all hatch at the same time and if some of the eggs weren’t ready yet, the babies aren’t able to survive. I know I’m not explaining this as clearly as I’d like, but I hope you get what I mean.

Hard to know what the issue is without more information.

This might explain…
https://academic.oup.com/icb/article/51/1/49/639978?login=false
I understood what you mean :) but they have hatched far apart not at the same time

Back
Top Bottom