Beautiful day in Maine and taking Eustis outside!

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
I took his original ficus outside for him to climb on. Had a heck of a time getting him to let me take him out of his cage! He kept going deeper into his new ficus tree which is very lush with foliage! He fought me the whole time but I finally got him and took him outside. I’ve tried to get friendly with him and get him to trust me but he just isn’t friendly at all! Anyway I got him outside and he loved it! His color became very yellow green and he swayed on the branches with every breeze that came along. I sat right beside the ficus so nothing would happen and the tree was half in and half out of the sun. As I was sitting there I discovered that this little ficus is infested with scale! I inspected Eustis thoroughly before taking him in the house so he wouldn’t transfer it onto his new ficus in his cage and I put him back in. This little tree has been through a white fly infestation which I got rid of but now has a heavy infestation of scale! I’ve sprayed the tree again with soap and water but I think I’m going to give up on it. It’s a very sickly tree and has been since I bought it. From what I’ve read online scale is very hard to get rid of so I give up sadly.

I took his original ficus outside for him to climb on. Had a heck of a time getting him to let me take him out of his cage! He kept going deeper into his new ficus tree which is very lush with foliage! He fought me the whole time but I finally got him and took him outside. I’ve tried to get friendly with him and get him to trust me but he just isn’t friendly at all! Anyway I got him outside and he loved it! His color became very yellow green and he swayed on the branches with every breeze that came along. I sat right beside the ficus so nothing would happen and the tree was half in and half out of the sun. As I was sitting there I discovered that this little ficus is infested with scale! I inspected Eustis thoroughly before taking him in the house so he wouldn’t transfer it onto his new ficus in his cage and I put him back in. This little tree has been through a white fly infestation which I got rid of but now has a heavy infestation of scale! I’ve sprayed the tree again with soap and water but I think I’m going to give up on it. It’s a very sickly tree and has been since I bought it. From what I’ve read online scale is very hard to get rid of so I give up sadly.
Once they realize you are taking them outside they get a lot more willing after the third or fourth time. Dino shoots me a dirty look, lashes his tail and then climbs right up

Once they realize you are taking them outside they get a lot more willing after the third or fourth time. Dino shoots me a dirty look, lashes his tail and then climbs right up
Thanks for the encouragement! I’m not looking forward to him fighting me all the time So I hope that’s true for Eustis!

I live in an apartment in the city and have found that walks to get sun and fullfill chams curiosity has help our relationship. He loves his walks!

Back
Top Bottom