Bearded Pygmy Chameleon heating

Pygmy333

I am in the process of setting up a planted 20 gallon aquarium for a couple bearded pygmy chameleons I am getting in a couple months and was wondering what to use for heating for them. My house is normally 70-72 degrees so I dint think I need much.

I would probably just use LED's, but that is your choice, and I don't have experience with them. What species are you planning on getting, and will this be a breeding group?

Yes! These are CB! Very excited any guess what wattage would be appropriate to raise it just a couple degrees like that?

Yes! These are CB! Very excited any guess what wattage would be appropriate to raise it just a couple degrees like that?
WOW, where did you find CB's? I don't know of a good wattage because I have never tested it, but maybe a 20 watt bulb or a puck light of some sort?

Are you aware that they play dead very convincingly sometimes when startled? I've known people who have removed the body from a cage to dispose of it only to find that when they came back to get rid of it it was gone!

Any time I had them I kept the temperature in the mid 70's F but provided a small area where they could warm up more if they wanted to. I also used UVB lights on the cage but my cages were taller than the normal 20 gallon ones. I dusted with calcium the same as I did for veileds...at almost every feeding lightly.

They are awesome little critters!

Are you aware that they play dead very convincingly sometimes when startled? I've known people who have removed the body from a cage to dispose of it only to find that when they came back to get rid of it it was gone!

Any time I had them I kept the temperature in the mid 70's F but provided a small area where they could warm up more if they wanted to. I also used UVB lights on the cage but my cages were taller than the normal 20 gallon ones. I dusted with calcium the same as I did for veileds...at almost every feeding lightly.

They are awesome little critters!
Oh man! I hadn't heard that! That's definitely a good thing to keep an eye on! I was planning on using a UVB as well but man, there are just so many options! What are your thoughts on a combo like one of these?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003F6XW56/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06X...ts+reptile&dpPl=1&dpID=31-Vxg8chZL&ref=plSrch

Back
Top Bottom