Bearded Dragon

chamili

Hey everyone .
My bearded dragons poop and blood in it . dose anyone knows why this can happen ? thanks for the help

I don't have a beared dragon but my guess would be it could be from a number of things including parasites. I would recommend a vet visit and a fecal.

Your best bet is to go to the vet and get a fecal, as suggested. Unfortunately none of the members here are psychic (but some like to believe they are) and can't really help without a fecal test.

I also have a beardie and this can happen for different reasons. Although only a vet will be able to tell you the exact reason, I can give you a few different reasons. First, how often do you soak him? My beardie gets a "soakie" every night. If you don't soak them often enough, they can get dehydrated and in turn, constipated or get a blockage, which could cause blood in the fecal when they are finally able to go. Are you giving him at least an hour of heat time after you feed? Beardie's need heat to help digest their food. He needs to either be under his basking light or over his heater pad to help digest the food. If you aren't giving him the proper about of heat after feeding, passing a partially undigested insect could also cause an issue resulting in blood in the fecal. And of course, parasites. I would definitely have the vet do a fecal and please don't wait too long - they can go downhill quickly without you realizing it. Good luck.

I also have a beardie and this can happen for different reasons. Although only a vet will be able to tell you the exact reason, I can give you a few different reasons. First, how often do you soak him? My beardie gets a "soakie" every night. If you don't soak them often enough, they can get dehydrated and in turn, constipated or get a blockage, which could cause blood in the fecal when they are finally able to go. Are you giving him at least an hour of heat time after you feed? Beardie's need heat to help digest their food. He needs to either be under his basking light or over his heater pad to help digest the food. If you aren't giving him the proper about of heat after feeding, passing a partially undigested insect could also cause an issue resulting in blood in the fecal. And of course, parasites. I would definitely have the vet do a fecal and please don't wait too long - they can go downhill quickly without you realizing it. Good luck.

thanks for the info , i think the problem is that i wasnt giving him to much soaking . ima take him vet soon .

what kind of insects and vegetables do you offer, how much and how often? how do you feed (in the cage if so what kind of substrate, in a bare bottom tote or hand)?

i breed bearded dragons and i had this happen before to one of my adult females , and it is usually caused my constipation.. the best thing for this is a warm long bath and it is also recommended to rub the belly while in the bath from the chest to the vent in that motion... how old is urs and male/female? BUT I also would recommend taking him or her to the vet for a fecal

I almost had this problem with my adult, she took a few more days to go than usual. But everything looked fine when it finally came out.

It causes YOU constipation?? :D
Hey, you never know. Stress can cause some weird stuff!

All joking aside, now that I think about it, my bearded was constipated once. Looked like he was trying to swim to get the poo out.
Keep an eye on the next poo, consistency etc.

Last edited:
i breed bearded dragons and i had this happen before to one of my adult females , and it is usually caused my constipation.. the best thing for this is a warm long bath and it is also recommended to rub the belly while in the bath from the chest to the vent in that motion... how old is urs and male/female? BUT I also would recommend taking him or her to the vet for a fecal

hi is about 1.5 months . i gave him worm bath for couple of days and now his doing good .

Back
Top Bottom