Vibration for constipation?

MissSkittles

Chameleon Enthusiast
I know this sounds totally crazy, but I recall relatively recently (sometime in the past 6 months) of hearing that gentle vibration therapy can help relieve constipation in reptiles. I think it was directed for bearded dragons or snakes maybe, but I’m wondering if anyone else has heard about this and what they think about using it for chameleons. In humans it’s said that vibrations can help stimulate peristalsis, or the wave- like movements of the intestines and bowels which helps relieve constipation. So, what have you heard? What do you know? What are your thoughts?

I drink water....

Jimmy Fallon Flirt GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I know this sounds totally crazy, but I recall relatively recently (sometime in the past 6 months) of hearing that gentle vibration therapy can help relieve constipation in reptiles. I think it was directed for bearded dragons or snakes maybe, but I’m wondering if anyone else has heard about this and what they think about using it for chameleons. In humans it’s said that vibrations can help stimulate peristalsis, or the wave- like movements of the intestines and bowels which helps relieve constipation. So, what have you heard? What do you know? What are your thoughts?
Your almost as “weird“as me!

Here you go…
https://nypost.com/2023/07/28/i-used-vibrators-to-relieve-a-tortoises-constipation/

Back
Top Bottom