Bearded dragon babies...

djfishygillz

Avid Member
I have been selling my baby beardies. Got down to 6 babies left. So I didn't want the crickets bothering the babies... Here comes the bad part. The water gel crystals dried up. The babies ate the water crystals, and the crystals are slowly killing the babies. They ate them and it sucked up all their water. I feel terrible. I have always had 100 percent survival ratings with my baby beardies. Luckily I didn't sell any ones that are having this terrible fate.

To the six babies. Rest in peace

I am sorry

damn that sucks

I lost my beardie to somthing kind of like that while i was away at the reptile super show in san diego my dad fed my beardie the hard end of a bok choy leaf and he choked to death on it :mad:

Last edited:
You should never have enough left over feeders in with any animal to do them harm. And you should never leave water crystals in with an animal, however I do not see why the water crystals would kill your beardies. Did you call your Vet?

a few crickets in the cage would not hurt a group of six beardies. I dont know if you breed at all, but picking out numerous baby crickets after each feeding is a tedious and time consuming. The babies ate the dehydrated water crystals, the water crystals absorbed water from the babies stomach.
Ps. even if it is just reptiles, you shouldn't talk crap to someone who had something just die. it would be like if someones grandpa had a heart attack and you tell the widow he shouldn't have eaten like so much hamburgers. I knew what I did wrong it was just a fluke accident.

and i wasnt go to call a vet when i know what the problem was. and I also would not spend thousands of dollars to have water crystals surgically removed from a few baby bearded dragons.

fresh veggies will keep loose insects fed and hydrated and are good for your baby dragons too. (breeding beardies since 1994)

Back
Top Bottom