US Basking with mouth open

My Lizzy has been basking with her mouth open for the past couple of days. Is this normal?

Attachments

• AA3B06B8-3798-45BB-BE82-744DEC6D5C58.jpeg
    AA3B06B8-3798-45BB-BE82-744DEC6D5C58.jpeg
    226.2 KB · Views: 50
Do you know the temperature at her basking zone she could be just thermo-regulating if getting too hot. If you can hear popping or wheezing it may be an respiratory infection which would need a veterinarian.
She looks to be showing gravid colouration too, i presume you got a lay-bin in place?

If she starts keeping her mouth gapped and head pointed upward then possibly upper respiratory infection. Aside from wheezing sounds you !ight see syliva/fluid in her mouth too. Note that stress can bring this on. keep an eye on her to make sure its not URI which requires antibiotics.

Did she lay the eggs in the normal manner...dig a hole, turn around butt down, lay, fill hole, tamp area down, return to the branches? Did you disturb her during the laying? I hope she didn't retain eggs.
Is she only gaping when under the basking light?

And yes only under basking lamp. I did notice around 1 today like around her little nostrils are turning white like she is going to start another shed

Back
Top Bottom