basking with eyes closed

Alr thanks
Yeah no prob. at all. Hope your buddy starts showing some improvement soon. Do you know for certain if that's a male or female? Just asking because a lot of sellers get it wrong so if you want to post a close up pic of your cham to double check just to be safe. Plus I just want to see his colors lol.

Last edited:
Those two supplements should only be used twice a month...you need a PHOS free calcium powder to dust the insects lightly at all feedings but one a week...and on that one feeding alternate between the two you have. Also, using that vitamin powder you won't be providing prEformed vitamin A...and since it's a panther chameleon it will likely need a bit. You have to be careful with prEformed vitamin A and D3 from supplement because they are fat soluble and can build up in the system. They are also antagonistic to each other somewhat and need to be in balance.

White urates are good...even with a slight orange tint...indicated that the chameleon is hydrated.
Dark orange indicates dehydration.

Definitely get rid of the infrared night light.

If you’re worried about heat use a ceramic heat emitter but unless you go below 60 at night it’s not necessary all my reptiles even my arid species get significant nighttime drops and I find they are more active with those drops and it’s been proven to be benificial especially for montane species I mean think about it most people like to sleep when it’s 67 instead of 80 degrees same with chameleons

Back
Top Bottom