basking with eyes closed

• It would also help tell if your husbandry is on point if you could take some time out to fill this husbandry form out. With this filled out a person can tell whether it's an light, humidity, heat, or health issue.
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 77
I see a basking bulb, a uvb light and is that a third bulb with the basking bulb? It would help a whole lot if you could fill out the husbandry form above to prevent a million questions. I do like your set up. Also I do see a few things right off. Like no hiding places for your cham also that third light, not sure if that an extra basking bulb or plant light or what. And the black light in the room could also be bad for the chams eyes. I'm not trying to pressure you but for your chameleons sake it would be grateful if you can fill out the form above.

• It would also help tell if your husbandry is on point if you could take some time out to fill this husbandry form out. With this filled out a person can tell whether it's an light, humidity, heat, or health issue.
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
4 month old male nosy be panther chameleon

I barely ever handle him

I feed him crickets and I gut load them with cricket food

I use calcium with and without d3

I use a mistking and most 4 times a day for 3 min

His poop is blackish brown
Chameleon Info:
Cage Info:

I handle him 2 times a week

I feed him crickets and gut load them with normal cricket food cubes

I use calcium with and without d3

I use a mist king and mist 4 times a day for 3 min

His poop is blackish brown

Cage is 24x24x48 all screen but I made a custom background for the back and sides

I use a T5 HO 5% uvb linear bulb and a 75 watt basking bulb and the other bulb is for at night

Day time temp is 75 and night time temp is 65-70

Daytime humidity is 50-65% and night time is 85-100%

I am using all live plants and they are bromeliads, ficus, vines, and pothos

The top of my cage is 7 feet above my floor and I closed my air vent and turn on my ceiling fan once in a while for air flow and I live south of chicago

My answers will be in capitals...

I feed him crickets and gut load them with normal cricket food cubes...WHAT IS NORMAL CRICKET FOOD?

I use calcium with and without d3...NO VITAMINS? HOW OFTEN FOR EACH AND HOW HEAVILY DO YOU DUST THE INSECTS?

His poop is blackish brown AND HIS URATES ARE WHITE, PALE ORANGE DARK ORANGE?

Cage is 24x24x48 all screen but I made a custom background for the back and sides

I use a T5 HO 5% uvb linear bulb and a 75 watt basking bulb and the other bulb is for at night THERE SHOUKD BE NO LIGHT AT NIGHT. THUS MIGHT BE WHY YOUR CHAMELEON IS CLOSING ITS EYES...YOU'RE DISRUPTING HIS NIGHT SLEEP.

Day time temp is 75 and night time temp is 65-70 BASKING TEMPERATURE?

I am using all live plants and they are bromeliads, ficus, vines, and pothos ALL NON TOXIC AND WELL WASHED, BOTH SIDES OF THE LEAVES?

The top of my cage is 7 feet above my floor and I closed my air vent and turn on my ceiling fan once in a while for air flow and I live south of chicago

My answers will be in capitals...

I feed him crickets and gut load them with normal cricket food cubes...WHAT IS NORMAL CRICKET FOOD?

I use calcium with and without d3...NO VITAMINS? HOW OFTEN FOR EACH AND HOW HEAVILY DO YOU DUST THE INSECTS?

His poop is blackish brown AND HIS URATES ARE WHITE, PALE ORANGE DARK ORANGE?

I use a T5 HO 5% uvb linear bulb and a 75 watt basking bulb and the other bulb is for at night THERE SHOUKD BE NO LIGHT AT NIGHT. THUS MIGHT BE WHY YOUR CHAMELEON IS CLOSING ITS EYES...YOU'RE DISRUPTING HIS NIGHT SLEEP.

Day time temp is 75 and night time temp is 65-70 BASKING TEMPERATURE?

I am using all live plants and they are bromeliads, ficus, vines, and pothos ALL NON TOXIC AND WELL WASHED, BOTH SIDES OF THE LEAVES?

The light at night is only heat no light and the basking temp is 80-85 and I feed the crickets the cubs and I dust them lightly

When you say the third light just puts off heat. It must put off light to produce heat. Is it infrared light? What ever it is, it might be the resin why your cham is closing eyes. Its happened to numerous people who have used those and if not addressed soon enough it causes eyes irritation and blindness.

Also could you take pic of your duster supplements. Because there are some brands that are not so good. You can only use the D3 twice a month only no more than that. If used more it can cause other health problems

Back
Top Bottom