Basking to much?

Nicholasdeaan

Avid Member
My veiled is always basking. She never really goes toward the middle of the cage or bottom. Only time she does is when she's hunting. Is this normal?

She might be cold. What are your cage temps in different areas (basking temp area, bottom of cage, general area)? Could also be that this is just a great place in the cage where she feels is high up, safe and has a good vantage of the cage.

She might be cold. What are your cage temps in different areas (basking temp area, bottom of cage, general area)? Could also be that this is just a great place in the cage where she feels is high up, safe and has a good vantage of the cage.
Her basking temp is from 82-86 average. She isn't cold. And I feel I have a proper gradient temperature through out the enclosure. Funny thing is after I posted this she was all over. Top, middle bottom, exploring a lot. It could be she's shy? Maybe you're right and she feels comfortable there.

The first things I would check are the temps away from the basking spot, and the accessibility of everywhere else. Are there other comfortable places to rest besides the basking spot? Sometimes people forget that they need to be able to relax in other places and make the only horizontal branch/perch under the basking spot.

Back
Top Bottom