Basking light

Ok:) He also has many plants and branches that he can climb on to get as far or as close to the basking light as he want's .
So they tend to not understand it is too hot and this is how thermal burns happen. How close is the highest branch near the heat? I recommend you have the basking fixture raised off the screen about 2 inches.

IMO: whatever you use for a basking bulb should produce ~85 degrees at the highest basking branch for most chams.

So they tend to not understand it is too hot and this is how thermal burns happen. How close is the highest branch near the heat? I recommend you have the basking fixture raised off the screen about 2 inches.

The highest branch is probably 8 inches away from the Dome. I have a deep dome so the light is still at least 2 inches off the screen.

If you’d care to get some advice on your lighting, please pm me. I can’t promise I’ll get back to you tonite, but if you’re using a dome for both basking and uvb, please let me know.

Sorry! I guess you probably said that earlier in this thread, and I missed it. My bad...carry on. @Beman is pretty on-the-ball with husbandry tips.

Do you use a light stand or just a deep dome? If you use a light stand, what kind do you recommend? I have a deep dome but I might get a light stand to be extra preventive of thermal burns:)

Do you use a light stand or just a deep dome? If you use a light stand, what kind do you recommend? I have a deep dome but I might get a light stand to be extra preventive of thermal burns:)
I use this stand. Instead of sticking it to the cage I drilled holes where I needed them in the plate and used self tapping quarter inch screws to hook it to the frame of the cage. https://www.amazon.com/Exo-Terra-Ho...&qid=1574303188&sprefix=exo+terra+ligh&sr=8-2

Back
Top Bottom