Basking For Popeye

REL JJA

FOR MY BABY POPEYE ...... THEY GAVE ME A NORMAL 60 WATT BULB SHOULD I CHANGE MAYBE TO A LOWER BASKING BULB OR WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK?
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME
RACHAEL:) :p :D :) :p :D

It all depends on the temperature gradient your cage currently provides. Bulb wattage alone is not enough information.

Basking

Okay The Temp(not In The Basking Spot ) Is About 80-86 Degrees The Basking In The 90's .... It Is Just A Regular(60) Bulb That You Would Use In Everyday Household Lamps. I Use A Basking Bulb I Beleive From Zoo Med(not Sure Im Not At Home) But Its A White Box And Im Pretty Sure Thats What It Is...anyway It Is Great For All My Other Lizards Because The Basking Temp Is Nice And Hot. But I Would Definetly Get A Lower Basking Bulb...what Do You Think?

That should be ok since he is a young one right? You really don't need to go purchase those fancy basking bulbs, common regular household bulbs will work fine, like you said you have. :D

I agree with Drake, regular household bulbs are fine for basking. The zoomed bulbs can produce more heat due to the metal on the bulb. I use these sometimes in the winter. Make sure you have a uv bulb as well; zoomed 5.0 are great.

Back
Top Bottom