Basking For Popeye

REL JJA

FOR MY BABY POPEYE ...... THEY GAVE ME A NORMAL 60 WATT BULB SHOULD I CHANGE MAYBE TO A LOWER BASKING BULB OR WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK?
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME
RACHAEL:) :p :D :) :p :D

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
It all depends on the temperature gradient your cage currently provides. Bulb wattage alone is not enough information.

REL JJA

Basking

Okay The Temp(not In The Basking Spot ) Is About 80-86 Degrees The Basking In The 90's .... It Is Just A Regular(60) Bulb That You Would Use In Everyday Household Lamps. I Use A Basking Bulb I Beleive From Zoo Med(not Sure Im Not At Home) But Its A White Box And Im Pretty Sure Thats What It Is...anyway It Is Great For All My Other Lizards Because The Basking Temp Is Nice And Hot. But I Would Definetly Get A Lower Basking Bulb...what Do You Think?

Drake

That should be ok since he is a young one right? You really don't need to go purchase those fancy basking bulbs, common regular household bulbs will work fine, like you said you have. :D

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with Drake, regular household bulbs are fine for basking. The zoomed bulbs can produce more heat due to the metal on the bulb. I use these sometimes in the winter. Make sure you have a uv bulb as well; zoomed 5.0 are great.

Top Bottom