Basking bulb and temps.

king julian

Hello!
I want to get a chameleon and was wondering what are the correct temps for a 3 month old panther chameleon since many people are saying different temps. What light should I be using and what wattage since he is a baby? (maybe amazon links?) I live in NY so it can get pretty chilly in the winter but never below 65 degrees in the apartment. Also, what are the best feeders for a baby and maybe links to where to buy good insects?
Thanks!!

Welcome to the forum and it's good to see you doing some research before getting a chameleon!

I don't use basking lights for babies but I do make sure the temperature is 80F in some area of their cage. Once they are old enough for a basking light I use a regular incandescent household bulb if a wattage that puts the basking temperature in the mid 80'sF for a panther chameleon. No lights at night at all and no heat needed if the night temperatures don't go down to the 50'sF or lower sometimes,

I don't know where you'll get the insects since I don't know where you live....but you could feed a 3 month old Panther chameleon well-fed crickets of an appropriate size and small silkworms or roaches as well.

Back
Top Bottom