Banning Iguanas and Tegus in Florida...

Well, I live about as far away from Florida as you can get in North America, and I know enough to pitty the fool who rolls up on a Floridian and tells them to surrender their pet. I know, unhelpful comment, but I feel ya Florida!
Amen, you can take my AR-15 before I’ll be surrendering my snakes, chameleons and beardie.
You can take away my guns before I’d let you take away my pets.

Last edited:
Lets be honest, you pass 7 chams on the way to pick up your news paper, they all look at you in the trees and on the fence posts. You go to your garden, and you have 7 beardies eating your collared greens. Its not a bad life.

But woooo nelly, if you have 7 iggies or 7 tegus poopin on your front lawn for days, well maybe the person who keeps reintroducing the bill, has a chip on their shoulder because they stepped in somethin.

Lets be honest, you pass 7 chams on the way to pick up your news paper, they all look at you in the trees and on the fence posts. You go to your garden, and you have 7 beardies eating your collared greens. Its not a bad life.

But woooo nelly, if you have 7 iggies or 7 tegus poopin on your front lawn for days, well maybe the person who keeps reintroducing the bill, has a chip on their shoulder because they stepped in somethin.

Poopn, diggn, eating your cat and small dog lol. The first half of that does sound like a dream I've had several times and the latter a nightmare for sure.

But chameleons eat a handful of bugs and are relatively small. Idk about igs, but tegus eat eggs and wreck the turtles and other burrowing/egg laying animals.

Idk maybe I'm crazy that I like to preserve species, if possible, in their natural habitats.

But chameleons eat a handful of bugs and are relatively small. Idk about igs, but tegus eat eggs and wreck the turtles and other burrowing/egg laying animals.

Idk maybe I'm crazy that I like to preserve species, if possible, in their natural habitats.

Not crazy one bit. And yeah I agree chams are like beautiful/invisible all natural little pest controls.

I don't want to get political or non PC, but this type of legislation is like banning drivers licences because people can drink and drive. It is not the answer, and people can still drive under the influence even with laws against it. As usual, the legislation hurts the ones who are not the problem.

So what's your answers? Because it is a problem. Genuinely curious. A lot of times people put out these black and white statements "PEOPLE ARE THE PROBLEM ARGH!" but okay, I agree Duh!.. what's the answer then?

Before simple minded *censored* confuse me(not saying this is anyone here, but if you do think that about me, then I'm directing it at you lol) for being some liberal hippy... let me tell you I own guns, I like to fight, and you can bet I'll defend myself and my family... but I'm also not going to say nonsense that is more about sticking to a side than getting stuff done. My point, once again, is that it's a problem. So where is all your guy's ideas for what to do? All I hear is "don't take my reptiles cause I want to keep them!". If that's the case, less complaining about laws, more finding solutions to counter the laws with. If you do, great, more power to ya!

Geez people criticize lawmakers, usually for good reason, but then can't offer anymore unique of a response/solution than fox news or CNN taught them the night before.

Last edited:
So what's your answers? Because it is a problem. Genuinely curious. A lot of times people put out these black and white statements "PEOPLE ARE THE PROBLEM ARGH!" but okay, I agree Duh!.. what's the answer then?

Before simple minded (censored) confuse me for being some liberal hippy, let me tell you I own guns, I like to fight, and you can bet I'll defend myself and my family... but I'm also not going to say nonsense that is more about sticking to a side than getting stuff done. My point, once again, is that it's a problem. So where is all your guy's ideas for what to do? All I hear is "don't take my reptiles cause I want to keep them!". If that's the case, less complaining about laws, more finding solutions to counter the laws with. If you do, great, more power to ya!

Geez people criticize lawmakers, usually for good reason, but then can't offer anymore unique of a response/solution than fox news or CNN taught them the night before.

They put up lots of laws that they never have a chance to pass, just to look good in the public eye. I bet there are a few who want to put a turkey in every pot for free for thanks giving. It never passes, but they can pat themselves on the back and say "i tried".

But how you remove all the big snakes, iggies, and tegus from the wild is another story. Hunting season seems to work, and pay per head, but states want to spend zero dollars to find a solution.

Before simple minded (censored) confuse me for being some liberal hippy, let me tell you I own guns, I like to fight, and you can bet I'll defend myself and my family... but I'm also not going to say nonsense that is more about sticking to a side than getting stuff done. My point, once again, is that it's a problem. So where is all your guy's ideas for what to do? All I hear is "don't take my reptiles cause I want to keep them!". If that's the case, less complaining about laws, more finding solutions to counter the laws with. If you do, great, more power to ya!

As a fellow American and gun enthusiast i say we blast our way out ;)

Back
Top Bottom