Banning Iguanas and Tegus in Florida...

When the icecaps melt enough from global warming, Florida will be underwater so problem solved.

The equator will be a sand belt ring of desert around the world and the new tropics will be 15° N and S of where the old one was so the invasion will be allowed to move into all of the southern states.. I can't wait lol

First off, I live in this most ridiculous state (CA), and it sucks on many levels. If my income wasn’t twice the National average for my profession I would have left 20 years ago. That being said, no one, I mean no one will ever take my firearms, or my pets. Is Florida’s response to the decimation of their natural wildlife correct...no. They already have open hunting season on those species with no bag limits. Few people eat or mount these, so few hunters will engage. Revoking the legality of owning these species is ridiculous, maybe forcing a permitting system is better? Owners would be educated(at their expense), and would be required by law to house them correctly and safely. Most casual hobbyists would be discouraged by the permitting process, and those that follow through would be better educated and vetted making them “worthy” of owning the animal. I may be way off here, I’m just frustrated by terrible wildlife management.

First off, I live in this most ridiculous state (CA), and it sucks on many levels. If my income wasn’t twice the National average for my profession I would have left 20 years ago. That being said, no one, I mean no one will ever take my firearms, or my pets. Is Florida’s response to the decimation of their natural wildlife correct...no. They already have open hunting season on those species with no bag limits. Few people eat or mount these, so few hunters will engage. Revoking the legality of owning these species is ridiculous, maybe forcing a permitting system is better? Owners would be educated(at their expense), and would be required by law to house them correctly and safely. Most casual hobbyists would be discouraged by the permitting process, and those that follow through would be better educated and vetted making them “worthy” of owning the animal. I may be way off here, I’m just frustrated by terrible wildlife management.

I feel like enforcing a permit system could be a solid option to look into, and would dissuade a number of impulse buyers if nothing else.

CB48F698-1E2D-42E5-B130-14021103503D.jpeg

I’ve never loved a post so much :love: :love: ❤️❤️

I feel like enforcing a permit system could be a solid option to look into, and would dissuade a number of impulse buyers if nothing else.
yup, and the revenues could be distributed to getting a handle on invasive species, animal rescue, and public education. Use the $ from responsible keepers to solve the problem of irresponsible ones. I know, that sucks: the good pay for the bad, but the alternative is worse.

yup, and the revenues could be distributed to getting a handle on invasive species, animal rescue, and public education. Use the $ from responsible keepers to solve the problem of irresponsible ones. I know, that sucks: the good pay for the bad, but the alternative is worse.

Absolutely - I'd be happy to pay for a permit, especially if I knew the money was going toward solving the problem!

What's the point of banning people's pets for species that are already established there? Are they planning a full eradication in the wild? Surely there's nowhere near enough funding to ever do that. Seems completely pointless, unless I'm missing something. I agree that a permit system is much more sensible.

Back
Top Bottom