Back home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantomchameleon

Established Member
So I took Slurpy home early because i missed her too much and she's looking better but there is still alot of progress that needs to be made! Her eyes are still sunken a little and she's still on the thin side but she did gain 5 grams.
We confirmed that she has ambiguous genitalia which explains why she has small spurs and male patterns at some points and she could(very unlikely) have eggs but they will never be fertile. I put in a lay bin just in case she does have eggs.
We didn't get any result on what caused the intersex-like 'love makers'. Many reptiles dont have a size difference between X and Y chromosomes for example Jacksons chameleons have no sex chromosomal heteromorphism. As far as i know we dont exactly have a system for classifying the equivalent of XX/XY in chameleons. Both XX/XY and ZZ/ZW have both been reported to be used with reptiles. It also doesn't help that chameleon sex isn't determined by temperatures like some other reptiles. So we're kinda stuck on that.

My aunt bought Slurpy another cage and so far it's looking good! Needs more foliage and i need a live plant. Any recommendations?
732df36eab.jpg

I'd recommend an umbrella plant. They're fairly reasonable, they don't require a huge amount of light, and they're safe if Slurpy decides to nibble at them.

Sooo...

You bring a chameleon to a vet because it's sick and you take it back home the next day not because it's doing better but because YOU miss her?
Then, when you get home you think the best thing for your chameleon, that is obviously stressed out by being in new surroundings and being transported 2x in 2 days, is to let it 'crawl around'?
Looks to me like you haven't stopped treating her like a pet/toy at all...

I had a whole rant over things you post that just don't add up but I'm not gonna risk a ban over you and your fairytales... You have completely lost all your credibility with me a while back.

Well of course she is. She just got back from her vet stay plus she's in a new enclosure. I would be stressed too.

Tottaly understand. Im new chameleon owner is well just try your best not to move her around or add anything new we all want her to be as comfortable as possible. Us humans will do too much to try and help but instead make situations worse.

I hope she does well :)

Sooo...

You bring a chameleon to a vet because it's sick and you take it back home the next day not because it's doing better but because YOU miss her?
Then, when you get home you think the best thing for your chameleon, that is obviously stressed out by being in new surroundings and being transported 2x in 2 days, is to let it 'crawl around'?
Looks to me like you haven't stopped treating her like a pet/toy at all...

I had a whole rant over things you post that just don't add up but I'm not gonna risk a ban over you and your fairytales... You have completely lost all your credibility with me a while back.
Jesus here we go.
1) She's getting better. Slowly but surely. The vet did their part, it's up to me now to nurse her completely back to health. Staying another day wouldn't have made any difference when you think about it.
2) Outside of her enclosure is the only thing she's familiar with. The enclosure is different. She definitely has not gotten used to it yet, and there was no harm in letting her free roam for a tiny bit before i fed her the formula and put her back for bed.
3) You're very much over thinking everything and it's obvious you're grasping at straws here. How about you just ignore me?
4) You didn't even give me plant recommendations.

Jesus here we go.
1) She's getting better. Slowly but surely. The vet did their part, it's up to me now to nurse her completely back to health. Staying another day wouldn't have made any difference when you think about it.
2) Outside of her enclosure is the only thing she's familiar with. The enclosure is different. She definitely has not gotten used to it yet, and there was no harm in letting her free roam for a tiny bit before i fed her the formula and put her back for bed.
3) You're very much over thinking everything and it's obvious you're grasping at straws here. How about you just ignore me?
4) You didn't even give me plant recommendations.
Apologises if i offended you.

Where do you get them? Are they easy to find?
Im going to avoid adding anything to her cage for the time being. I'm gonna let her get settled in for a few days then slowly add more plants.

Im from uk but any garden center will sell them, they are a common house plant, lucky mine was my fathers and is over 30 years old.

Im from uk but any garden center will sell them, they are a common house plant, lucky mine was my fathers and is over 30 years old.
Has it gone through a mid life crisis yet? Also you didn't offend me, there's a difference between being concerned about something and outright being rude.

Dont take it as being rude. Its everyones pov we know you love your cham. Your also very lucky your cham likes coming out :)

c3a7c936c6.jpg

You can see how saturated his colors are getting @Remkon and she's gaining more weight. She gained 5/6 grams and that's much better than before when she plummeted from 70 to 60. She's now 66/65 because the gram scale didn't want to choose one.
The light makes him look like a ghost now. I think i should lower her stuff a bit more just in case she falls plus i need an umbrella plant.

Im also thinking about the amount of uvb lights the cham is actually getting. As you know, they only go so far down
I didn't think of that! Thank you for pointing that out. I'll raise the branches a little more and the basking spot is 85. I think it should be a little hotter no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom