Back from vet worst confirmed

Hoj

Friendly Grasshopper
so i just got home from taking little camo to the vet. he confirmed that he has bit of his tounge somehow. he told me that it is a very clean cut with no infection, and that he does look very good right now. the problem is it that he does no believe that he is going to make it. apparently their air ducts are right at the back of their throte and without a tounge there he will most likley develop numonea and pass away. he did give me a neadle loaded with Baytril 50 mg/ml and instructed me to inject my worm with 0.02cc if i see numonea like symptoms. i am so upset about this but am going to continue to hand feed him and try to keep positive, i love this little guy so much..:(:confused::mad::(:confused::(:(:(

hoj

so i just got home from taking little camo to the vet. he confirmed that he has bit of his tounge somehow. he told me that it is a very clean cut with no infection, and that he does look very good right now. the problem is it that he does no believe that he is going to make it. apparently their air ducts are right at the back of their throte and without a tounge there he will most likley develop numonea and pass away. he did give me a neadle loaded with Baytril 50 mg/ml and instructed me to inject my worm with 0.02cc if i see numonea like symptoms. i am so upset about this but am going to continue to hand feed him and try to keep positive, i love this little guy so much..:(:confused::mad::(:confused::(:(:(

hoj

Don't give up yet! Do a forum search as there have been other chams who bit off the tongue and survived to eat OK. Avoiding infection is key, but it can be done!

Yes, don't give up! I've heard of chameleons that have survived all sorts of injuries like this and go on to live years and years. They need a little more extra care but they are capable of surviving just fine. Keep us updated on how he's doing!

thx alot hes a trooper and i love this little guy so ill be doing everything i can the positive posts really help thx alot

sorry about your situation and thanks for sharing your experience. i didnt know about the numonea piece. but like others have said i have heard of lots of other chams surviving for an average lifespan.

Oh i`m so sorry about poor little Camo :( It is very obvious how fond you are of him. I have read a few things about this and many of them lead a happy life and adapt. On the bright side at least there is no infection and he has you to pamper him :D

Back
Top Bottom