Back again

Ghostbirb

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hey guys! its me again. I was here a few months ago due to the fact that I was taking care of a veiled Chameleon that was a class pet.
Well now she isn't doing so well and I'm getting the chance to take care of her again.
Once I get more information about her, I would appreciate some more advice on how I should help her and what supplies and food would be the best.
(I dont have her yet but hopefully she is comeback this afternoon or sometime in the next week)

Hopefully the cage was overhauled for her so that she has had the correct husbandry. Females also lay eggs so depending on her age there could be issues there if she is not doing well.

Post pics of her and the cage when you get it back. Sounds like it is time she is no longer a class "pet".

I haven’t gotten her back yet, but it’s confirmed that she will be here by tonight.
So from what I learned is that her owner had to leave school for surgery, but she left earlier than expected. the awful reality is that she has not been taken care of for maybe four days now. Another thing is she’s been held way to much.
As for the cage. I don’t know yet. I’ll update when she arrives

I finally got back home, sorry for the wait. Here is some photos. I am going to research and hopefully talk to the owner. Nothing seems to really have changed :( there are a few more sticks though
13911DE3-7718-4E6B-98A2-AEB9750599E7.jpeg
2C1C6F14-AAE4-4C39-85F5-706C73EC75DF.jpeg
611252C8-A917-4E15-BAA8-A5DD8C34EC9F.jpeg
0DFDB382-04A6-4BE5-8050-2363159CFCEE.jpeg

Attachments

• 13911DE3-7718-4E6B-98A2-AEB9750599E7.jpeg
    13911DE3-7718-4E6B-98A2-AEB9750599E7.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 66
Cage needs to be improved...UVB light isn't the right one...wondering about supplements because of the bumps on her sides and she has signs of MBD. No signs of it in one of your previous threads...so things are going downhill for her sadly. You need to act quickly to help/save her.

No laybin in her cage either.

Hope you can help her before it's too late.

Ok my mom showed me that there was some vitamins of some sort. Here’s a photos.
And can someone explain what MBD is? Does it have to do with the white nose and white on the top of her head crest?
image.jpg

Edit: I now realize, I think the white parts on her nose and crest are some remaining pieces of skin from the last time she shed.

Last edited:
Current situation, planning on putting a humidifier in my room near her cage and mist the leaves before I go to bed.
Unfortunately I'm not allowed to talk to the owner until tuesday, but unit then id like to get the right light for her and maybe more more leaves and food.
Hopefully by tuesday she will still be with us and Ill be able to convince the owner to let me keep her (as the owner also seems to be having to many things happening to keep any eye on her)

I'm going to look through different threads like heath, food, and supplies.
Ill be back to update in the morning.

MBD (metabolic bone disease) is a potentially serious condition leading to fractures and disability. It is caused by a lack of correct UVB and vitamins/minerals.

As a mom of a teen boy and frequent keeper of the class pet, I would get a parent involved if you haven't already. You are dealing with a sick animal. Asking the owner to give up the cham could be a tricky situation and I think you should have parental support in trying to rescue this cham. Keep doing your research! There is a lot to learn and I wish you and the cham the very best.

Start reading this... https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

She has to have a T5HO fixture and a 5.0 UVB light and then a distance of 8-9 inches to the branch below the fixture for this one. Like this one https://www.amazon.com/DBDPet-Repti...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

And a plain calcium without D3. You would use the plain calcium at all feedings except 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th you would use the reptivite you have in the image.

ok good to know.
I've looked at the amazon link and started to look though the chameleon academy.
Is it a four pack of lights?
How exactly would I position it on the cage?
Whats the best hybrid cage?
I want to make a lists of things I should get.
My current budget is about 900 dollars, I plan on taking extra shifts at my work to earn more too.
So far, what would be the essentials that fit into the current budget?

ok good to know.
I've looked at the amazon link and started to look though the chameleon academy.
Is it a four pack of lights?
How exactly would I position it on the cage?
Whats the best hybrid cage?
I want to make a lists of things I should get.
My current budget is about 900 dollars, I plan on taking extra shifts at my work to earn more too.
So far, what would be the essentials that fit into the current budget?
No this link is for the 24 inch fixture that they are selling with the 5.0 bulb this is what you will need. They show all lengths since they sell others.

You would place the fixture on the top of the cage. Basking branch 8-9 inches below this fixture.

Dragon strand makes an excellent cage.

This will help you in things that are good to have https://caskabove.com/checklist/shopping-guide

I like this build out model. https://chameleonacademy.com/case-study-2-x-2-x-4-cage/

Get the UVB light and calcium without D3 right now. Maybe a nice real plant see veild safe plants below. she needs horizontal branches.. You can do this by zip tying them to the other branches. Before spending a ton more money wait to make sure the teacher will let you keep her.

No this link is for the 24 inch fixture that they are selling with the 5.0 bulb this is what you will need. They show all lengths since they sell others.

You would place the fixture on the top of the cage. Basking branch 8-9 inches below this fixture.

Dragon strand makes an excellent cage.

This will help you in things that are good to have https://caskabove.com/checklist/shopping-guide

I like this build out model. https://chameleonacademy.com/case-study-2-x-2-x-4-cage/

Get the UVB light and calcium without D3 right now. Maybe a nice real plant see veild safe plants below. she needs horizontal branches.. You can do this by zip tying them to the other branches. Before spending a ton more money wait to make sure the teacher will let you keep her.
Awesome, i do plan on waiting till tuesday, but I am going to buy the light and rearrange the cage.
Though, looking at the reviews for this product, it seems people have been ordering the 24" but instead are getting 14"
Thank you for the help! I think Ill make a thread specifically for questions so this one doesn't get cluttered up! :)

Awesome, i do plan on waiting till tuesday, but I am going to buy the light and rearrange the cage.
Though, looking at the reviews for this product, it seems people have been ordering the 24" but instead are getting 14"
Thank you for the help! I think Ill make a thread specifically for questions so this one doesn't get cluttered up! :)
use amazon to look for the reptisun 24 inch fixture. There are multiple listings.

Back
Top Bottom