Baby Veiled Chameleon Care

I think you did a nice job on the video, especially being young, but left out one of the most crucial things!....Calcium! I am assuming you are dusting your feeders with it but forgot to mention it??? Also, a multivitamin?? You stated that the Zoomed uvb's were causing blindness, but that is incorrect. It was Zilla compact UVB and that was many, many years ago and the problem has long been rectified. You don't want to give information out on products if it is not right. Misting the leaves is what you want to do, but doing it for a few seconds like you showed is not the norm in getting a chameleon to drink. It can take several minutes and most of us either use misting systems or spray bottles and run drippers, to saturate the cages down. I just don't want someone watching this video that is just starting out and think you can squirt a bottle of water into the cage a few times and your chameleon has enough water for the day. I think your points were good, but you need to be more specific if you are trying to educate others. Your cages look very nice also.

I think you did a nice job on the video, especially being young, but left out one of the most crucial things!....Calcium! I am assuming you are dusting your feeders with it but forgot to mention it??? Also, a multivitamin?? You stated that the Zoomed uvb's were causing blindness, but that is incorrect. It was Zilla compact UVB and that was many, many years ago and the problem has long been rectified. You don't want to give information out on products if it is not right. Misting the leaves is what you want to do, but doing it for a few seconds like you showed is not the norm in getting a chameleon to drink. It can take several minutes and most of us either use misting systems or spray bottles and run drippers, to saturate the cages down. I just don't want someone watching this video that is just starting out and think you can squirt a bottle of water into the cage a few times and your chameleon has enough water for the day. I think your points were good, but you need to be more specific if you are trying to educate others. Your cages look very nice also.
I totally supplement my chameleons, so don't worry, also I linked the video in the description. Plus I'll make a hydration video that will be posted in the description, but I also soak my cages a lot more than that, I was just showing me spraying it for a few seconds for people realized how they drink.
But otherwise thanks for the feed back!

I totally supplement my chameleons, so don't worry, also I linked the video in the description. Plus I'll make a hydration video that will be posted in the description, but I also soak my cages a lot more than that, I was just showing me spraying it for a few seconds for people realized how they drink.
But otherwise thanks for the feed back!

I think it is great that you took the time to help others out and I am glad you are using calcium!

Back
Top Bottom