baby panther question

matt2310

just a quick question my panthers roughly 3 and a half months and he eats like a beast... kinda picky only eats crickets out of his feeder cup the other one with dubias he wont even go near and eats silkworms that roam his cage... but my question is, is it ok or normal for a baby to eat like 17-20 crickets a day and like 2-4 silkworms?

he usually takes down that amount everyday i noticed today he had a fat little stomach lol

small crickets... he will eat like 11-12 by 12 in the afternoon thats when i come home for my break and then ill put like 8 in there and they are usually gone by 330... sometimes my gf will even add like 5 more from 1-330 and they will be gone by the time i get home on top of eating like 2-4 small silkworms

what size crickets?

It is normal for babies to eat that much every day however I would be careful not to feed him too late in the day as he requires his UVB lamp to help digest the food. If you feed him too close to lights out then the food will sit undigested in his tummy overnight and that could cause problems in the long run.

The lighting thing is correct although its the heat bulb and heat the aids digestion really.

He may be able to have larger crickets meaning he will eat less.

escapees

Little ones will escape. be glad you don't have a veil cham. they will eat your crickets, silkworms and your panther

just a quick question my panthers roughly 3 and a half months and he eats like a beast... kinda picky only eats crickets out of his feeder cup the other one with dubias he wont even go near and eats silkworms that roam his cage... but my question is, is it ok or normal for a baby to eat like 17-20 crickets a day and like 2-4 silkworms?

he usually takes down that amount everyday i noticed today he had a fat little stomach lol

I generally suggest you give young growing chams as much as they can eat within about 5 minutes, twice daily. How many bugs that ends up being will depend on the size of the prey, and how fast/hungry the cham is.

you dont want to over-feed and have him grow too quickly.

Back
Top Bottom