Baby Panther Ignoring Worms

Theirin

I have a 6 month old Panther Cham, and he is just completely ignoring some small butter worms I recently purchased for him. They are the correct size and he just acts as though they do not exist. :confused:

There is probably nothing wrong, he just chooses not to eat them! Not every cham will eat everything you give them. Mine refuses crickets! Are the worms too big for him maybe? Oops! forget the last sentence!!! I see they are small and the correct size! sorry!

I have a 6 month old Panther Cham, and he is just completely ignoring some small butter worms I recently purchased for him. They are the correct size and he just acts as though they do not exist. :confused:

i guess you got a picky eater..some chams r like that..no biggy...ecxept you wasted money for wroms you wont use.....you can try "strarving" your cham by nnot letting him eat for a few days and only show him the worms...but its your choice..im lucky i dont have a picky eater(i think):p

Yeah I saw that now reading, just sucks cuz I was excited to finally treat him to something other than crickets... Do you have any suggestions as to other things I could try and feed him. Also, since these are butter worms, would he take mealworms? or should I just rule out every type of worm?

Can anyone give me ideas on a feeding pattern or rotation (I hope that is correct word choice) that they use for their Chameleon?

Yeah I saw that now reading, just sucks cuz I was excited to finally treat him to something other than crickets... Do you have any suggestions as to other things I could try and feed him.

silkworms, hornworms, dubia roaches, praying mantids, blue bottle flies, grasshoppers(not from the wild that may have possible pesticides,), some moths, and few butterflies i think.....superworms too:cool:

Can anyone give me ideas on a feeding pattern or rotation (I hope that is correct word choice) that they use for their Chameleon?

you can switch the feeders once a week...oneweek crix, next is dubias, after is locusts, or vary it everyday....later on as he gets older feed every other day...and mix afew crix with some supers, try handfeeding worms and such...:cool:

Try silkworms. They are great feeders! I am only feeding my chameleon silks and supers right now and some hornworms here and there.

This may sound silly, (This is my first cham) but will he eat the other worms, even though they look almost identical??

It is really hard to say. Alls you can do is try. My cham will eat any worm you feed him but not those darn crickets. I had to turn lose about 300 crickets!

How lively are the worms? If you have half-dead worms that dont move much, they might not be attracting his attention.

Where did you put the worms? If not crawling up a vine or along a branch, if just kinda stationary somewhere, he might not recognize them as food.

How much variety in food has he had to date? If he's gone a full six months without many larva, he may take awhile to realize they too are food. Try slipping one into his mouth when he's chewing his regular prey, or putting one in the same bowl you use to feed (if you cup feed).

A different food every meal from the one preceeding it. As many types of prey as possible over the month.
I keep a detailed log of what mine eat in my blog, if you want to see the "rotation" I use.

Back
Top Bottom