Baby Panther chameleon potentially sick:,(!

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Panther chameleon, male, 6-7 weeks old.
Handling - Never handled except from transporting from reptile store.
Feeding - Feeding him the flightless flies and pinhead crickets dusted with calcium no D3. Feed in morning, if in afternoon food is gone I add more.
Supplements - only dust the crickets with calcium no D3, next week one day I'll do with D3
Watering - I mist in morning, afternoon, and about 15-30 mins before lights out. Sometimes in between those times if it seems dry.
Fecal Description - Small poop, dark, almost black with white urates.
History - He comes from a local reptile store (Reining Reptiles). They have a good reputation in the area and I buy all my feeder insects from them.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Exo terra terrarium, mesh lid with ventilation in front. Usually leave the doors wide open while I'm in the room. Basically all day.
Lighting - Using hood lights. One UVB 5.0 I each but in different corner of cage. Front hood has a normal house bulb just for light and on the right a UVB bulb. Back hood has UVB on the left with zoomed daylight blue reptile bulb 40w on the right.
Temperature - with doors open mid to high 70's and when closed for a duration of time into the low to mid 80's. When cage gets dry high 80's.
Humidity - cage contains live plants and I mist 3-5 times daily. Humidity levels range from 40-70% in between misting at night reaching the 80's
Plants - Two pothos vines, and one money tree
Placement - cage is located in the corner of my room with back of cage facing a window. Approximately 3 feet of the ground on a table. Top of cage being 4.5-5 feet off the ground.
Location - North of Atlanta Georgia by 30-45 minutes.

Current Problem - Hes seemed healthy for the past few days. Today is my third day of owning him. He seems to be eating since food is disappearing and poop is appearing. I've seen him multiple times after mistings lap water from the leaves. Today I saw him "gasping" with his mouth open, immediately mister the cage even tho it was still wet and humid from the previous misting and he also seems to be very dark in color more than he is pale and "normal". Almost black if not black but with his bars and stripes still his "normal color". Sometimes completely black. He seemed so healthy but today is scaring me and this is my second chameleon and I'm by no way a professional with these guys. I could be paranoid but his dark color changing and "gasping" worries me and I know isn't normal but he drinks and eats... He also has these greenish spots behind his eyes I guess where a "ear" would be for a location example.

Pictures are helpful

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 131
Gasping is not good however I replied to your other thread the green is just his color coming in mine started to get it on they're heads and cheeks about that age

Back
Top Bottom