Baby jackson's sleeping during the day

Pisul

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - T. jacksonii xantholophus, group of 1.2, I've had them for 2 days now.
Handling - Only to put them inside the cage.
Feeding - Small cricekts, tommorow I'll get pinhead crickets and pea lices.
Supplements - I haven't suplemented them yet.
Watering - Automatic misting system, I mist it whenever the enclosure completly dries out after previous misting. Male (I got him with them) was drinking from leaves, I haven't seen those females drinking, they are rather afraid of misting.
Fecal Description - No fecals yet.

Cage Info:
Cage Type -Combo, wooden + glass + screen, good ventilation, two cages (one for male and one for females) both 2,5x2,5x4ft.
Lighting - UVB exoterra tube 18W 5%, 40W heating bulb but temperature under it is about 80F
Temperature - Highest is around 85F under basking spot, down to 70 at the bottom of the cage.
Humidity - Around 70%, I've checked with hygrometer.
Plants - Yes, ficus moclame, ficus lyrata, cissus and peperomia deppeana
Placement - Cage is on the floor, we live in suburbs.
Location - Central Europe, Poland.

Current Problem - One female is much smaller then the other, it is sleeping all the time, she has eaten only one small cricket. Bigger female is also sleeping most of time. I'm worried about that behaviour.

Sleeping during the day is a bad sign - typically a sign of illness. All I can recommend is a visit to the veterinarian.

Well, I'm mainly worried of their diet, tomorrow I'll offer them some fruit flies and I'll see if they will eat them. When I exposed them to some pinhead crickets today they were not interested. They also don't look hungry or skinny, they are rather bulky. If they are something around 1.5inch stv lenght, how much should they eat and how big insects?
Every of them has eaten 1-2 crickets which were something around 0.2-0.3inch, was is enough for one day..?

First problem I can see is you need a new cage to separate the females. They may look ok but they are causing un-needed stress. That may be one of the reasons why they are not eating.

Back
Top Bottom