Baby chameleon very aggressive

Chameleon kid 1

I have a 11 month old veild chameleon and she is very aggressive. When ever I try to hold or even touch her she will bite me. I does not hurt now but in the future she could really hurt someone. Any tips on how to make her more like me more.

Move slow and hand feed her treats she likes, like a worm. You have to gain her trust so she does not think you are gonna eat her :)

My veieled has a bad attitude as well but I work with him everyday. If I move slow and he is still angry I leave him in the cage. Sometimes he calms down and climbs on to my hand since he is getting used to me taking him to explore outside his enclosure. I also offer him horn worms from my hand which he feels are candy but he has to come out to me to get it. He has improved a lot doing these 2 things.

veildes are the crankiest I have dealt with. However, food can often outweigh everything. Many of time I have seen a cham scared for its life because there is a human "trying to eat me." then it spots a super worm in that human's hand and will suddenly forget everything and climb on to my hand to get the bug. it builds trust. eventually hand feeding leads to associating you with being fed.

11 months is basically adult age but I assumed they meant weeks. I started with tongs since my Cham wouldn't take it from the hand until I just kept trying my hand first then tongs if he wouldn't take it. Eventually he started taking even crickets from my hands. Keep in mind if you leave for a while like I did you may start over. I had to go away on various work trips for 3 weeks and came back to am angry Cham who I have to work on again.

11 months is basically adult age but I assumed they meant weeks. I started with tongs since my Cham wouldn't take it from the hand until I just kept trying my hand first then tongs if he wouldn't take it. Eventually he started taking even crickets from my hands. Keep in mind if you leave for a while like I did you may start over. I had to go away on various work trips for 3 weeks and came back to am angry Cham who I have to work on again.

Mine wont have anything to do with worms in tweezes and I'm not over the creepy crawly bug phobia yet to be able to hold them in my hand. She just hisses and lunges at me, then moves away. Grumpy pants :LOL:

Mine wont have anything to do with worms in tweezes and I'm not over the creepy crawly bug phobia yet to be able to hold them in my hand. She just hisses and lunges at me, then moves away. Grumpy pants :LOL:

Have you tried hornworms?

Back
Top Bottom