Baby cham questions

image.jpg
This is what she looks like when I walked in but maybe darker and kindof asleep I feel like when I went to take her pic just now she saw me looked at me a got not so dark . Do they take naps ? Is this normal she has me so stressed I only want what’s right for her .

For the future, never buy from LLL Reptile or buy a cham younger than 3 months! Don’t handle her unless she wants it (climbs onto you). What do you gutload with? Feed her as much as she’ll eat multiple times a day. What are your exact supplements and how often do you use them? How long is each misting session? Could you fill out the rest of the form, please, and post a pic of your cham and her cage, as well?
Should I be worried health wise since I got her from them ?

Not nessicerily I think of you are concerns take her to the vet for a check up. But if you are happy for her and think she looks healthy you are probably fine.

I think shes a bit young for a vet trip bless her, at that age you want to avoid stress as much as possible. Shes a bit dark, probably due to not feeling secure and safe enough, defintatley get some more cover in there for her by adding more plants, preferably live plants like pothos or umbrella.

I had my little guy at 4 weeks old and it took him a while to get out of his old routine at the reptile shop, I found out the timer light they had would go off occasionally during the day, which led to my guy taking naps during the day. I just kept a close eye on him and whenever I saw him close his eyes I would spray him with water, which soon stopped the habit. I suggest trying the same and if it doesn't help, then get to the vets for a checkup

Edit: Also, I strongly suggest adding fruit flies as her main diet due to her age and lots of them. I'd make sure they are always available to her.

Last edited:
Isopods, bean beetles, and rice flour beetles are also great feeders, along with what I listed before

I think shes a bit young for a vet trip bless her, at that age you want to avoid stress as much as possible. Shes a bit dark, probably due to not feeling secure and safe enough, defintatley get some more cover in there for her by adding more plants, preferably live plants like pothos or umbrella.

I had my little guy at 4 weeks old and it took him a while to get out of his old routine at the reptile shop, I found out the timer light they had would go off occasionally during the day, which led to my guy taking naps during the day. I just kept a close eye on him and whenever I saw him close his eyes I would spray him with water, which soon stopped the habit. I suggest trying the same and if it doesn't help, then get to the vets for a checkup

Edit: Also, I strongly suggest adding fruit flies as her main diet due to her age and lots of them. I'd make sure they are always available to her.
Where could I get fruit flies ?

Josh’s Frogs
Just off amazon I have prime . And I saw them on there ...... also how would I feed her them ? Now I take long tweezers grab a cricket put it kindof by her and wait for her to eat it . I never leave crickets in her chage from reading on here that they can bit her and I want to monitor her eating since she’s only 6 weeks old . Iam literally obssed with her I probly go in my room and check everything every few hours do I just put the container in there and take the lid off ? Or do I gab them one at a time ? She chills in one spot a lot ...

Just off amazon I have prime . And I saw them on there ...... also how would I feed her them ? Now I take long tweezers grab a cricket put it kindof by her and wait for her to eat it . I never leave crickets in her chage from reading on here that they can bit her and I want to monitor her eating since she’s only 6 weeks old . Iam literally obssed with her I probly go in my room and check everything every few hours do I just put the container in there and take the lid off ? Or do I gab them one at a time ? She chills in one spot a lot ...
Get some of the feeders I listed before, properly gutload and dust them, then put them in a bowl or feeder and let her chow down. Feed her as much as she’ll eat multiple times a day.

Knock the jar down on a surface a few times to make sure no flies are at the top, pour the amount wanted into a dusting jar, dust, and feed

Back
Top Bottom