Baby Cham Delivery?!?

Cjd713

Hey Guys:) I'm getting my male baby veiled tomorrow (WOOT WOOT:D) and he'll be delivered by 10:30 A.M. I have an urgent question though, I'll get home from school at around 3:00 p.m., and my mom will be the only one here while I'm gone, and she knows absolutely *nothing* about chameleons/reptiles, so will my little guy be alright in his box until I get home? It is possible for me to get home around 2:45-50 if i *need* to, so please answer :) Thanks Everybody, I'm so excited :D *Edit* I go to school at like 6:45

I'm sure he will be fine, but I would get him out of the box ASAP. The less time in the box the better I say.

Have your mom open it, take the lid off the cup he is in, and just place the whole thing into his enclosure. He should climb out on his own and be fine assuming you have some vines and such that he can reach.

I'm sure he will be fine, but I would get him out of the box ASAP. The less time in the box the better I say.

Have your mom open it, take the lid off the cup he is in, and just place the whole thing into his enclosure. He should climb out on his own and be fine assuming you have some vines and such that he can reach.

Yeah, I agree maybe she could give him a spray down too.

Thanks for the replies everyone :) But would it be fine if he stayed in there till I got home? Like would it be possible for him? I'm actually not sure if my mom will have time to take him out, and I don't really think she'll want to deal with "the scaly beast" (lol, j/k, she didn't really say that :p) Ugh, I just wish I didn't have to go to school tomorrow :):p:D (I know, I got carried away on the emotes :D) Maybe I could leave at lunch, then come back? IDK, thanks guys :) (I just realized I'm rambling, :0)

Pretty simple taking them from the box, My GF is my designated chameleon receiver for me since i am at work at all time's the shipments come in and she knows the routine now. Have your mom open the box put the deli cup into the enclosure and pop the lid off. He should take off to the highest point in the cage and its all bliss after that;) Good luck with your new boy and keep us posted on his progress.

Thanks for the replies everyone :) But would it be fine if he stayed in there till I got home? Like would it be possible for him? I'm actually not sure if my mom will have time to take him out, and I don't really think she'll want to deal with "the scaly beast" (lol, j/k, she didn't really say that :p) Ugh, I just wish I didn't have to go to school tomorrow :):p:D (I know, I got carried away on the emotes :D) Maybe I could leave at lunch, then come back? IDK, thanks guys :) (I just realized I'm rambling, :0)

Sounds like you have already decided you are gonna leave him till 3, which MAY be fine, however, the faster he gets out of the box and gets a good misting the better!

Yeah, beg her if need be. She doesn't even have to touch him if she's freaky that way. Just open up the lid and set in the cage. At least have a dripper going for him if she doesn't know how to mist.

I'd say this calls for a lil hooky from school.

edit: Something to think about. If I was a breeder/vendor, and I sent you a cham. Then for what ever unfortunate reason, he didn't make it. Then I found out you left him in the box until you got home. I would void any warranty.

I am a Mom, approch her with something like "after all the money I spent the little guy might die in the box. Mom you don't even have to touch him, just please open the box, take out the deli cup sit it in his cage and open it, pleaseeeeeeeee"

That would sucker me in if you looked like you were ready to cry. Alos offer to do something for her in exchange, wash the car, do dishes (yes dishes), what ever she doesn't like to do. You just have to work this thing!!! Now good luck, let us know and we need pictures.:)

Hey Guys:) I'm getting my male baby veiled tomorrow (WOOT WOOT:D) and he'll be delivered by 10:30 A.M. I have an urgent question though, I'll get home from school at around 3:00 p.m., and my mom will be the only one here while I'm gone, and she knows absolutely *nothing* about chameleons/reptiles, so will my little guy be alright in his box until I get home? It is possible for me to get home around 2:45-50 if i *need* to, so please answer :) Thanks Everybody, I'm so excited :D *Edit* I go to school at like 6:45

OMG dude im having the same problem but thank god my mom works literally 3 minutes away no joke and she can come and wait for the UPS guy. You ordered from FLChams right? Thanks for making this thread it helps lol

ditch school or have your mom open the box i only see 2 options. Ditching one day of school wont kill u but if u don't it might kill your chameleon...

I am a Mom, approch her with something like "after all the money I spent the little guy might die in the box. Mom you don't even have to touch him, just please open the box, take out the deli cup sit it in his cage and open it, pleaseeeeeeeee"

That would sucker me in if you looked like you were ready to cry. Alos offer to do something for her in exchange, wash the car, do dishes (yes dishes), what ever she doesn't like to do. You just have to work this thing!!! Now good luck, let us know and we need pictures.:)

This is priceless advice.

And yeah, definetly find some way to get him out of the box if that doesn't work. Lie, cheat, steal!

In May, when I received my 4 mo old male veiled from FL Chams, he was in a cloth bag inside the box.

As much as you want to be the one who unpacks him and puts him in his tree do as much as possible, as soon as possible or you may regret it. I think we both know your mum will be fine with it so don't keep the little guy in there a minute longer than he needs to be ;)

Why didn't you just have the breeder ship him on Friday for Saturday delivery? Sure it costs a bit more but it's a freaking live animal in the box not some glassware or something. Somebody needs to let him out into his new cage and give him a heavy misting when he arrives. I would not leave him in the box until you get home, that's just foolish and irresponsible.

Back
Top Bottom