Babies!

vetdebbie

Just a quick post as I have to go out and let my friends dogs out for a wee, but I've just found new-born baby rudis in the viv!! I am SO excited. 7 live ( 1 looks a bit weak), 1 stillborn and 1 died after climbing to the top of a plant. Mum is looking like a deflated balloon but has drunk and eyes up some crickets. A couple of babies have already had fruit flies - thank goodness I had some cultures by "just in case"!

I ave transposed them into their own viv - the one the last clutch of baby yemens vacated only about 10 days ago, but I think I will have to check again later in case I missed one.

Then I thought I'd better check the incubator for the yemen clutch that I'm expecting in August - guess what? 2 are pipping

So after letting the dogs out I am off to my local rep shop for more supplies.

PS any tips on raising baby rudis?

At what temps were your veiled eggs being kept at and when were they laid?

PS-Congrats on your babies! I have a veiled clutch that will be 9 months in August also:)

Hey congratulations on your baby factory output. It will seem like you don't have time to breathe for a while I bet. Enjoy them while they are small, they grow soooo fast.

Same just happened to me. Got her from a pet store already gravid and was told she was just a fat male. To my surprise, she dropped FIFTEEN! live babies this past Saturday with no stillborns, only one slug. All still alive as far as I know, because I brought them to a really good friend whose raised baby chams before and he's doing the daddy work...

Congrats! Isn't that the funnest experience? I have been making sure mine don't ever get above 80 and down to 58-60 at night, and they have been doing really well and eating a ton. I only lost one from this clutch and I think that is because it may have gotten too hot.

Thanks guys! Pics are uploading now.

I don't hold out much hope for the weaker one as it is sitting with it's eyes shut 95% of the time. However I have seen several of the others eat now which is encouraging. I purchased a fogger this afternoon to keep the humidity up and the temps down - it is sitting at 71-72 in there now which is amazing given the usual heat in that room!

6 baby yemens emerged today as well - eggs laid on 5th Jan so really quick. Incubation temps have been quite varied as it got really cold over winter and the incubator couldn't keep up, but then has been quite warm over the summer and has ben holding 80'f with the heat mat off.......

pics

So this was my first clue something was different in the viv this morning!

DSC_6524.jpg

Proud mummy:-

DSC_6525.jpg

Can you see it?

DSC_6526.jpg

So tiny

DSC_6528.jpg

DSC_6527.jpg

In their new home

DSC_6529.jpg

DSC_6530.jpg

DSC_6531.jpg

And the yemens

DSC_6533.jpg

DSC_6535.jpg

DSC_6536.jpg

DSC_6541.jpg

DSC_6539.jpg

Quick update - the weak one died overnight. I could see 5 of the other 6 this morning and they were all hunting, as were the baby yemmies, so all good there.

so sad when they dont make it. hope all the others are doing well Debbie, Im so excited to hopefully get one(2?) lol.

Back
Top Bottom