Away from home

RayenaeTargaryen

I assume a lot of you eventually have to travel away from home for a night or two. How do you ensure your baby is taken care of while you're gone?

Since I just got her, I don't plan on leaving home for a long while (maybe due to maternal instincts lol) but I'm already having serious trust issues if I leave her at home, even if I just run a quick errand. She won't be alone since I live with other people...I just don't know if they'll be as...attentive as I wish they were.

Am I just over stressing or what? :confused:

I have a pet sitter come and take care of him, or my mom does. Who is so well versed with all types of animals that it's rather helpful. But it can be hard not being able to check on them every 5 minutes the first few weeks they are there XD. I remember that. I wouldn't leave the first day.

I would leave a very, very detailed list of what to do. Then I would go over it with the person, showing them exactly what you want to happen for each task and what to look out for.

Your overstressing, but its normal.
We all do it.

Since most of my guys are adults, i can leave for a day or so and not worry.

I have an auto timer and mister, and they dont get fed daily.

i also have veiled hatchlings, so they require a bit moretime and energy.

I make sure whoever ive left them with, knows what to do. by writing it down, and drilling it into their skulls.

I have a pet sitter come and take care of him, or my mom does. Who is so well versed with all types of animals that it's rather helpful. But it can be hard not being able to check on them every 5 minutes the first few weeks they are there XD. I remember that. I wouldn't leave the first day.

I would leave a very, very detailed list of what to do. Then I would go over it with the person, showing them exactly what you want to happen for each task and what to look out for.

Andee, I feel the same way. I wanna' check on her every 5 minutes. Maybe I need to look into finding a good pet sitter 'cause honestly...I don't really...trust, or think I can depend on, the people that I live with to take care of her the way that she should be taken care of. Is your pet sitter a service based or local, or someone you know?

Local but they are bonded and they have experience with exotics, bird and reptiles. So I don't worry too much, I've been using them for a couple years and though I haven't really left Ryker with them yet I have already gone over the material with them should I have to leave him with them. ^^ I'm not worried they take awesome care of my animals and seem to really care about them.

I would recommd you start now and train yourself a petsitter. I have always had a pet/house sitter and they text me pictures daily and call me and keep my mind at ease.

It's totally normal to react like that. It's almost like they are our children, and other people just don't understand :)

Back
Top Bottom