Ave weight of adult male panther chams

Howdy,

Here's a few more examples:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/new-jacksons-owner-questions-29702/#post274496

These scales go on sale all the time for 30-50% off :). I own several models from different suppliers (to play around with). I've paid anywhere from $10 to $35 for different ones with different ranges. If you are going to weigh hatchlings, you'll want 0.1 gram resolution with at least a 100 gram capability. Weighing adults needs a 500 gram or more range with 1 gram of resolution. Don't forget to take into account the weight of the branch and/or container that the chameleon will be weighed with.

Last edited:
sorry actually had him weighed about 3.5 mo ago, he had a small case of pinworm, he weighs 110grams just took him back to the vet for a follow up. he is about his eating habits slowed downed when he had the parasite

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 293
  • securedownload-1.jpg
    securedownload-1.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 275
He doesn't look too bad to me. Are you worried about him being too skinny or not eating enough?

Howdy,

Here's a few more examples:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/new-jacksons-owner-questions-29702/#post274496

These scales go on sale all the time for 30-50% off :). I own several models from different suppliers (to play around with). I've paid anywhere from $10 to $35 for different ones with different ranges. If you are going to weigh hatchlings, you'll want 0.1 gram resolution with at least a 100 gram capability. Weighing adults needs a 500 gram or more range with 1 gram of resolution. Don't forget to take into account the weight of the branch and/or container that the chameleon will be weighed with.

Thanks for the info! I love sales :)

Just alittle worried that he is too skinny cause he doesn't eat like he used to ever since he had the pinworm. He doesn't even look at crickets or silks anymore, just roaches and hornworms. He is very active through the day. Was reading some other threads about not eating that much and some people say they notice it around this age but I just wanted to make sure it wasn't the panacur I was giving him. I've also read that people give probiotics with the panacur to help out the gut flora, is this something I should be giving him? The vet ne'er said anything about it

Back
Top Bottom