Help male panther!

Ynott116

Established Member
My male panther seems to get this white and black circle in the middle of his body he seems find just wondering what's going on here

Attachments

• IMG20231223195039.jpg
    IMG20231223195039.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 19
How old is he? I’ve heard that as they get older the color pattern will change and those white patches as you say in the middle get larger or sometimes they grow a second one/ 3rd one when full grown. I believe it’s more common to see that in males while showing their stripes.

How old is he? I’ve heard that as they get older the color pattern will change and those white patches as you say in the middle get larger or sometimes they grow a second one/ 3rd one when full grown. I believe it’s more common to see that in males while showing their stripes.
Hes a year in a half old

This looks like a thermal burn. Basking and leaning to the side. Burning that area. What type of heat bulb are you using wattage and is it a flat bottom focused heat bulb? Also what is the distance from the bottom of the heat fixture the the branch he basks on? May I see more pics? If this is a burn you need to get him into a vet and get silver sulfudiazine cream from the vet for it. This is topical and treats the burn and any underlying infection.

We can speculate all day but it would be helpful to provide an earlier photo of him for comparison. Is this the same one (pic below) from your prior post? Here is his right side. The issue you’re asking about is on his left side only? Pics for comparison can help show what changes or progression is happening.

Attachments

• IMG_5751.jpeg
    IMG_5751.jpeg
    772.1 KB · Views: 23
Back
Top Bottom