Automatic misters...

Jerambis

I have just been misting my 3 chams with a regular squirt bottle everyday, and I was thinking about getting an automatic misting system. I know of the pro mist series, but how programable are they? Can I program it to run for 15 seconds, how about 2 minutes? Also can I cycle it to go on 3-4 times a day? What other misting systems are out there? Thanks in advance.

I have just been misting my 3 chams with a regular squirt bottle everyday, and I was thinking about getting an automatic misting system. I know of the pro mist series, but how programable are they? Can I program it to run for 15 seconds, how about 2 minutes? Also can I cycle it to go on 3-4 times a day? What other misting systems are out there? Thanks in advance.

The timer that came with mine Promist 60 allows you to program 14 on cycles and 14 off cycles, or more simply 14 on/off cycles. The shortest time you can have a cycle run is 1 second and no limit to the longest.

It's a simple digital timer that controls the function.

Wow that's heavy duty. A little over kill for the size cage I have for him. That would be an excellent system for those people I see that have made custom enclosers with wire that go up to the celling tho.

Honestly,
I would just spend the money on the Promist. In the end, how much money will you actually be saving. Maybe $20 to $60.00 up front. I bet you spend more in the long term though. A Chameleon is a long term investment as in they live for 8-10 years. Sure you could build one yourself or buy a cheaper unit but how much money are you saving over the course of the 8 years if your pumps are constantly burning out or having to replace nozzels or hoses or you cannot find support for the product you bought. What if you aquire more chams and cages and the unit you have now will not support that.

Nice thing about Promist, I do not have to worry about the pump going out while I am away or having to buy a new pump every other year. Their basic unit supports something like up to 15 nozzles. Promist is awesome and has the parts and stuff I need at all times incase I do need something extra.

I do believe they have a less expensive unit coming soon that is not yet on their website. Give them a call.

I am going with the DIY approach as I like to do so whenever i can, check this out and see if it may be something you could do yourself...http://www.baskinglizards.com/automatedmistingsystem_free.pdf

Im gonna quote myself here, I just went to the promist site and I tell you honestly I must have went to a spin off site before because the misting system i saw was around 379.00 plus tax and ship... as for the one i saw its like 179 with 2 year warranty on pump as well as 1 year on other parts thats a really decent deal if you ask me. But I still have built my own already and it cost me 20$ without the automated stuff, i have the misters in the ceiling portion and just add water and pump... I will upgrade myself once i m in new place and build a few new condos for my creatures... ahaha

Back
Top Bottom