Automatic Mister Schedule and Duration

Orcawhale

I've got a Monsoon RS 400 and was wondering what I should set it to. For the past month I've had it go off every 4 hours for 60 seconds. Is this right, should it mist more often? Vincent seems to be a good drinker. I saw him drink for the first time yesterday, about 30 seconds after the mister shut off.
IMG_6187.JPG
IMG_6188.JPG
IMG_6189.JPG
IMG_6190.JPG

What do you think I should adjust the settings to?

Here's the deal, there is really no definitive answer on this. It is based on your particular situation.

Key elements: Humidity? Hydration? Drainage?

If the schedule you have right now is keeping your humidity at proper levels, your chameleon is staying hydrated(nice white urates) and there is no standing water due to proper drainage....then no adjustments are needed. The only thing....your misting system isn't going on this 4 hour interval around the clock is it? If so, I would only run it during the day.

I run mine at 9:00am for 60 seconds, at 12:00pm 150 seconds. at 3:00pm for 60 seconds, and at 6:00pm for the last 60 seconds. That is what works for me, but like jpowell86 said might not work for you.

Here's the deal, there is really no definitive answer on this. It is based on your particular situation.

Key elements: Humidity? Hydration? Drainage?

If the schedule you have right now is keeping your humidity at proper levels, your chameleon is staying hydrated(nice white urates) and there is no standing water due to proper drainage....then no adjustments are needed. The only thing....your misting system isn't going on this 4 hour interval around the clock is it? If so, I would only run it during the day.
I have the mister on a timer, it turns on at 8:00 Am (one hour after the lights) and it turns off at 8:30 PM, a half an hour before the lights. I've got good drainage, but bad humidity. I'm getting a new hydrometer, my dial one is probably inaccurate. So far the highest I can get it to read is 45% and thats with a humidifier running 24/7. I'm pretty sure Vincent drinks fine, his urate has a hint of yellow but thats all.

I have the mister on a timer, it turns on at 8:00 Am (one hour after the lights) and it turns off at 8:30 PM, a half an hour before the lights. I've got good drainage, but bad humidity. I'm getting a new hydrometer, my dial one is probably inaccurate. So far the highest I can get it to read is 45% and thats with a humidifier running 24/7. I'm pretty sure Vincent drinks fine, his urate has a hint of yellow but thats all.

Well keep monitoring his drinking until those urates are white.

Yeah, unfortunately the dial versions don't tend to be accurate at all in my experience. A good digital hygrometer will do the trick though. You might be surprised at what your humidity level is really at!!

Well keep monitoring his drinking until those urates are white.

Yeah, unfortunately the dial versions don't tend to be accurate at all in my experience. A good digital hygrometer will do the trick though. You might be surprised at what your humidity level is really at!!
Yeah, at this point I'm really hoping its wrong...

Back
Top Bottom