Automatic drip system using pump instructions/ the better little dripper

Would it be possible to "T" in the drip nozzle in my mistking system so that it would drip on my plants to water them?

I also take it, it would only drip when the mistking was spraying and would only drip and not shoot water out like the mistking nozzels?

Would it be possible to "T" in the drip nozzle in my mistking system so that it would drip on my plants to water them?

I also take it, it would only drip when the mistking was spraying and would only drip and not shoot water out like the mistking nozzels?
huh.... Are you talking about trying to mod the mistking line to drip?

yes, to help water my plants that are on the back wall of my enclosure. they are to high for the mistking nozzles to get them since the leaves block the water from making it to the soil.

So I was thinking of taping the drip line into my existing mistking line.

yes, to help water my plants that are on the back wall of my enclosure. they are to high for the mistking nozzles to get them since the leaves block the water from making it to the soil.

The mistking is a pump that can give a lot of pressure. When it goes off water will spray out under pressure. When it cuts off, you will get drips until the pressure in the lines decreases then nothing.

That's why a separate drip system is required, either gravity fed (sucks), pump fed (DIY job but good) or as I have now, a plumbed setup.

Hmmmm well maybe but it would only run when you have the mistking running. You could use what I did with the auto dripper but do multiple drip heads along your back wall. Or add in additional nozzels on your back wall for the mistking... Then there is the easy way with a pressurized spray bottle and spray them directly a few times a week. I have my nozzles mounted in the front middle of his Medium tall clearside. Now I have to get 24 inches to the back wall. So I bought extra pieces and made my nozzle into a dual nozzle and then extended it so it reaches all the areas of his cage on the wet side. Like so. If you like legos then this will be easy for anyone to do lol. Josh's frogs has the best prices for the pieces. I used 2 tiny zip ties to hold them in place to the top screen because it does make it heavier. Beman says hi :hilarious:

modified nozzle3.jpg modified nozzle2.jpg modified nozzle1.jpg

You can have the mist king have almost unlimited nozzles(there are youtube videos on how to take them apart to attach longer lengths of tube). But like other posters have said, you must have a nozzle at every exit. If you just run a hose out of the T you will be putting out gallons a minute.

On another note, i used to make a dripper by putting a mist head inside of a pop bottle, the bottle would fill when the cage was getting misted, then slowly drip/drain.

Oh hell yeah! I am deciding to perform a few upgrades to my enclosure while it’s empty and went ahead and followed your instructions @Beman. This worked like a charm and I connected the pump to my remote enabled power strip, so I can put it on a timer as well as operate from work! Oh and I am promptly going to use a stick of dynamite to blow up my big Dripper...may it rot in hell.

Oh hell yeah! I am deciding to perform a few upgrades to my enclosure while it’s empty and went ahead and followed your instructions @Beman. This worked like a charm and I connected the pump to my remote enabled power strip, so I can put it on a timer as well as operate from work! Oh and I am promptly going to use a stick of dynamite to blow up my big Dripper...may it rot in hell.
:hilarious: So happy you like it. I do take the reservoir apart once a month and clean it and the pump but otherwise this has been amazing for me. I HATED the little dripper. I am short and so I was having to climb up on a ladder to get it to start dripping again each day and fill it. It sucked!

I am jealous lol. I have everything as automated as I am able to in a rental house.

Not yet you dont, I am working on a Project like he mentioned.

If you have RO in your house, (or are allowed to put one, which I am sure the landlord will allow) were going to ditch the reservoir, completely, and have the ability to have a Dripper/Misting that never needs filled, and with redundancy you dont need the drain (Though it would still be a good idea).

I will even throw in a smart monitor for everyone that was talking about it!

Mine was for 2 reasons, I have a bunch of bugs, that need different mistking, daughter wants a snake (different mistking) I want to do the rain system, DIFFRENT MISTKING LOL. However, I found a way to do all of that with a single MK, and already have ran a direct RO feed to my MK :).

Not yet you dont, I am working on a Project like he mentioned.

If you have RO in your house, (or are allowed to put one, which I am sure the landlord will allow) were going to ditch the reservoir, completely, and have the ability to have a Dripper/Misting that never needs filled, and with redundancy you dont need the drain (Though it would still be a good idea).

I will even throw in a smart monitor for everyone that was talking about it!

Mine was for 2 reasons, I have a bunch of bugs, that need different mistking, daughter wants a snake (different mistking) I want to do the rain system, DIFFRENT MISTKING LOL. However, I found a way to do all of that with a single MK, and already have ran a direct RO feed to my MK :).
Someday maybe... Still don't have the ability to make everything the exact way I would like but hopefully someday. Right now I have it pretty well set up to where all I have to do is check my levels and make sure it is all running correctly. But eventually I would love to have a cham room where the plumbing is run specifically for the cages in and then drainage that goes out. When I win the lottery... someday after paying off my daughters braces and buying her a car :hilarious:

Someday maybe... Still don't have the ability to make everything the exact way I would like but hopefully someday. Right now I have it pretty well set up to where all I have to do is check my levels and make sure it is all running correctly. But eventually I would love to have a cham room where the plumbing is run specifically for the cages in and then drainage that goes out. When I win the lottery... someday after paying off my daughters braces and buying her a car :hilarious:

I just ran my MK line, through the cupboards (though I did have to drill 2 holes) then ran it between the carpets spike strip and the wall, against the wall to the cage area.

I would like a drain system, to ensure a fail safe if the terrible happened. And a day might come that I implement one. My concern with that is drilling the glass tanks. I'm very afraid of drilling my glass tanks. My Chams cage has a drain failsafe (into a bucket) and I could modify that into a drain line, that could connect into the system as a drain.

I wouldn't be bothered running a smaller drain line, 1/4 - 3/8s, which is as fast as the water runs anyway. Through the floor under the house to a drain, or just outside.

However it would do little good unless my Glass Vivariums emplore a similar system.

I just ran my MK line, through the cupboards (though I did have to drill 2 holes) then ran it between the carpets spike strip and the wall, against the wall to the cage area.

I would like a drain system, to ensure a fail safe if the terrible happened. And a day might come that I implement one. My concern with that is drilling the glass tanks. I'm very afraid of drilling my glass tanks. My Chams cage has a drain failsafe (into a bucket) and I could modify that into a drain line, that could connect into the system as a drain.

I wouldn't be bothered running a smaller drain line, 1/4 - 3/8s, which is as fast as the water runs anyway. Through the floor under the house to a drain, or just outside.

However it would do little good unless my Glass Vivariums emplore a similar system.
See you have the ability to do all this... I would have to hire people lol. With only having Beman it is pointless for me to go wild making it the ultimate set up. But if I had more then one or was breeding then I would want everything possible automated like this. Then you can focus on the daily care rather then the water removal and the water addition.

The only thing that makes me absolutely nuts is that I never did a gravity drain for his DS pan. With over a year of wet vacuuming the drip pan every other day I now detest it. But I was too afraid I would mess it up. I have thought about taking the cage apart to do it but honestly his cage is very heavy and awkward to try to lift and move. Plus if I were to mess up the install of the gravity drain the drip pans are not cheap to replace. So I am left with the wet vac. :banghead:

Ok so I have fought with the little dripper for 7 months now. With the impending arrival of my second cham the thought of two little drippers was not something I was up for. So with the help of @JoXie411 and @SharpShooter this is what I got and how I did it.

I have a cabinet below my enclosure where everything is stored.

So your Amazon shopping items are:
This pump (you need the adapter that this comes with) It will easily give you a 6 foot rise to the top of the enclosure. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D2B55S6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This kit (you need the large green piece to click on to the adapter that comes with the pump): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013JPIJG4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A water reservoir that is deep enough for the pump: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007RBB662/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Optional timer (I only want mine running during the day): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DYNE6PK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s04?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now to put it together... Soooooooo easy with these items!

First cut a hole in the reservoir for the power cord and the drip tube. I used a small saw to do the vertical cuts and then bent the piece back and forth to break it off.

View attachment 233989

Then put the pump in suction cups down valve up. The pump comes with two adapters for the valve. Use the larger one. Screw it into the pump.

View attachment 233990

You will take the large green piece that comes with the irrigation supplies. This one has a tip that screws off. You screw that piece off and then slide it over the tube then push the tube back onto the nozzle. Then screw the green piece back on. This whole piece is what will click on to the valve of the pump.

View attachment 233991

Now you click this piece into place. Yes, you can get it back off the pump valve. The green piece has a push pull release.

View attachment 233992View attachment 233993View attachment 233995View attachment 233996View attachment 233998

Then I used the red drip tips for inside the enclosure. It comes with green ones but even when screwed down they still spray everywhere. You can adjust the drip rate with the red drip tips. (Beman approved design)

View attachment 233999

That is all there is to it for hooking this up. So easy! I would recommend if you are running to more then one enclosure to have the T splitter within the reservoir just in case it leaks where the tube meets the T. You can do this by giving yourself 6 inches of tube from the pump then hook in the T connector. Then have the 2 tubes come from that T out the back hole of the reservoir to your enclosures.

The kit comes with tons of pieces so I am sure you could get fancy here as well. This pump is very powerful so it should run multiple enclosures without issue.

Enjoy :)
Amazon shows pump as unavailable?

UPDATE:

After a year this has proved to be a very good solution for me. My pump did just die and the original one I ordered was out of stock so I found this one and it works as a perfect replacement https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LHC8UX8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A few things to note. I do clean the reservoir every month. The water will warm up with the pump so this is important to keep clean. I always keep 2 gallons of water in it as well so it does not make the water overly warm.
Also on the pump make sure you open the water flow all the way. This is the only way it pulls enough to get it up the hose if your cage is high. I have almost 6 feet in between where my reservoir is and the top of the cage where the dripper is. On a lower setting it will not push the water that distance.

Ok so I have fought with the little dripper for 7 months now. With the impending arrival of my second cham the thought of two little drippers was not something I was up for. So with the help of @JoXie411 and @SharpShooter this is what I got and how I did it.

I have a cabinet below my enclosure where everything is stored.

So your Amazon shopping items are:
This pump (you need the adapter that this comes with) It will easily give you a 6 foot rise to the top of the enclosure. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D2B55S6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This kit (you need the large green piece to click on to the adapter that comes with the pump): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013JPIJG4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A water reservoir that is deep enough for the pump: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007RBB662/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Optional timer (I only want mine running during the day): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DYNE6PK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s04?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now to put it together... Soooooooo easy with these items!

First cut a hole in the reservoir for the power cord and the drip tube. I used a small saw to do the vertical cuts and then bent the piece back and forth to break it off.

View attachment 233989

Then put the pump in suction cups down valve up. The pump comes with two adapters for the valve. Use the larger one. Screw it into the pump.

View attachment 233990

You will take the large green piece that comes with the irrigation supplies. This one has a tip that screws off. You screw that piece off and then slide it over the tube then push the tube back onto the nozzle. Then screw the green piece back on. This whole piece is what will click on to the valve of the pump.

View attachment 233991

Now you click this piece into place. Yes, you can get it back off the pump valve. The green piece has a push pull release.

View attachment 233992View attachment 233993View attachment 233995View attachment 233996View attachment 233998

Then I used the red drip tips for inside the enclosure. It comes with green ones but even when screwed down they still spray everywhere. You can adjust the drip rate with the red drip tips. (Beman approved design)

View attachment 233999

That is all there is to it for hooking this up. So easy! I would recommend if you are running to more then one enclosure to have the T splitter within the reservoir just in case it leaks where the tube meets the T. You can do this by giving yourself 6 inches of tube from the pump then hook in the T connector. Then have the 2 tubes come from that T out the back hole of the reservoir to your enclosures.

The kit comes with tons of pieces so I am sure you could get fancy here as well. This pump is very powerful so it should run multiple enclosures without issue.

Enjoy :)

Have you considered multiple dippers? I am looking at something like that, but I want to create rain, not mist. I have been thinking soaker line, or multiple drip heads.

Have you considered multiple dippers? I am looking at something like that, but I want to create rain, not mist. I have been thinking soaker line, or multiple drip heads.
I actually had multiples dripping for awhile there. But I was flooding my plants in their pots and having to wet vac everyday between the drippers, mister, and the fogger. This would be pretty fantastic in a bioactive enclosure. The kit that I linked comes with a ton of stuff. I was running 4 drippers on one pump without issue. So I would think you could do what your thinking as well. :)

Back
Top Bottom