Attitude change

ChiefRedman

Alright guys, so every since I moved merlin into his big boy cage he has started acting strange. He used to be very sweet , but now not so much. I've tried everything, I offer his favorite foods and no response, I try to wear all white when I get him out, and If I get him out he frantically runs on me, tries to hide on my hand so I cant see him, puffs up or worse. Once he gets out on his free range he is alright but its the same case when trying to put him up. Now after he has had some time in his free range he tries to come out again. He walks up to the door and scratches/ climbs it. I have tried everything I know to do, can anyone shed some light on this situation?:(:(:(:(:confused:

just give it time. moving into his new cage was probably stressful for him. restart the " getting to know you" process with him again. no handling, just handfeeding and getting used to his new cage. don't even take him out for free range. just leave him be except for feedings and mistings for now. It will go a lot faster than when you first got him, but it still needs to be done.

Agreed, it most likely will just take time. Being moved into a new environment is a major change and can make him afraid of everything again. Hopefully within a month or two he will be back to normal. They also can become more aggressive between 6-9 months old, but it seems that in most cases they will call down given time.

Thats what I was figuring, but he turns his nose up to anything I try and hand feed him with, sigh....Well thanks guys

Keep working with him and interact with him as much as possible. He's at the age where they can become territorial and cage aggressive. Veileds really hate being caged.

I just want my sweet boy back D:

You'll have him back. As he gets a bit older he will be really sweet like my Sage and his Great Grandpa Luie was the sweetest chameleon ever. Just keep interacting with him and he will get through this phase quickly.

Back
Top Bottom