Atticus and the new parsons enclosures.

Well done Garrett! You spotted it!!:D(y)
I cannot take credit for it I’m afraid,
Years ago someone was asking here about keeping parsons for the first time and someone said you don’t just go and purchase a parsons,
then straight away someone else sent that meme in and it always made me laugh, I kept it ever since.
Oh how very very true those words on the meme are though !!!

Did you name ur baby parson after Atticus Finch from the book “ Kill a Mocking bird “?
I just love To Kill a mockingbird but he wasn’t, it’s such a great name but Atticus came from another character on TV. I just love that name and it suits him now . Thanks.
Looks great! HaHa more pictures and it is Okay to show off your newly or soon to be finished custom Parsonii shed.
Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
Thank you Jeremy, I will definitely get some photos added here of them outdoors when the sun or should I say shade rooms are done.

Great job. The love you have for your chameleons sure shows.
Thank you so much Craig, those are nice words for a beginner parsons keeper to read. :)

What an amazing enclosure you have! I love Parsons, but I just can't see myself undertaking such responsibility with them. I'm far better with the more resilient species!
Thanks Michelle, I know what you mean, when I first got them it was stressful with the responsibility of them, thinking I shouldn’t of got them and will I cope and I must admit I didn’t enjoy them for a while because of that but I’ve settled down now the fear and stress has gone ( a little! )
and it was a real experience and now it’s super exciting to think of the summer coming up and them in their new houses.
Thanks ever so, makes a change from spiders eh?

Wow your shed is awesome! I would love to build something like that in our back yard some day. I'll hopefully be getting a little Parson's from @Garrett in the next few weeks and can't wait to watch him grow in to a beast like your Atticus :)

Wow your shed is awesome! I would love to build something like that in our back yard some day. I'll hopefully be getting a little Parson's from @Garrett in the next few weeks and can't wait to watch him grow in to a beast like your Atticus :)
Thank you very much, that is wonderful news that you will soon be a new parsoneer, exciting times!
Looking forward to hearing more when it arrives. It is a very special honour to be able to watch them grow even though it takes a while, the veiled grew so quick.. he seemed to grow right before your eyes!
Atticus seems to put on about 30g each month though.
Good luck.

Thank you very much, that is wonderful news that you will soon be a new parsoneer, exciting times!
Looking forward to hearing more when it arrives. It is a very special honour to be able to watch them grow even though it takes a while, the veiled grew so quick.. he seemed to grow right before your eyes!
Atticus seems to put on about 30g each month though.
Good luck.

Thanks I'm super excited to be joining the Parson's club. :) I've had nothing but Panther's for the last several years and think they're awesome but I fell in love when I saw my first Parson's a year or so ago and have been saving up and doing as much research on them as I can ever since.

Yes, there is nothing like a parsons, everything about them is fascinating, they are a joy to see, I love the scale patterns, I fell in love at first sight too, then by chance within a few months I saw the ad with mine for sale, first for sale in the u.k for years that I had seen anyway so i thought this it is now or never.

Well, here’s an update,
finally the parsons outdoor enclosures are done at least so they can go out, never quite finished as I still need to fix better shading on the windows and fit up mistking nozzles in each one but anyway, after a year it’s just about done.
Today was extra special because it’s just shy of two years since I got them and Atticus was very shy and difficult to feed if he saw you, for the last year I’ve managed to feed him with my fingers through the mesh but only if I hide and stay still and he can’t see me at all, today I walked into the sunroom and offered him a locust and he took it instantly, usually he starts to puff up and get agitated but he actually took food with me there and with eye contact, so two years of care and working paid off, it was a good moment.
So finally I fitted the houses with good walk ways, and easy routes so they don’t have to do a lot of tricky manoeuvres to change direction, hopefully the figs will be o.k for them and the branches are nice to walk on, there’s a screen to screen the two of them from eachother, and sof foam floors just incase one fell, there’s fans fitted at the top for when it’s too hot and 100% shading for the sun on the roof but 50% shading for the windows for uv. The metal branch brackets I used are not attractive but they meant I could fix branches and held the branches away from the wall, I might try and disguise them tough. They know how to use their hatches from indoors to out and it is such a pleasure to see them resting in the sun (not sun but shade!)
Each house is 6 x 4 x 6 ft and although I could of added more branches I had to wirgh up the fact that in the evening I do need to pick them up and put them back indoors so I need most branches for me to have access too when trying to pick up a chameleon that doesn’t want to go back to bed.

Not a good picture of the female or enclosure.
8E54AD94-3A66-496F-8A71-70D32CCE8D97.jpeg
5F7A2D4D-5608-4A9D-8CE8-8E85B1483033.jpeg

Atticus was having lunch.. do not disturb!
His back feet are so wide!!!
6F3E7B2B-5EFB-433B-AECA-4E1E327B587A.jpeg

Uh oh.. back off!
02A376DF-27DF-4C06-B461-762E1DFF8888.jpeg
F896138B-9E18-445A-9DF8-4417FB911413.jpeg

I'd love to see how the doggie er chameleon door works. Beautiful enclosure can't wait to see the fig leafed out. It will be gorgeous.

Thanks Jacksjill, the hatches are just doors that I have to open to let them out, nothing special but every morning the male is patiently waiting by his door so he can get outdoors.
Would like to grow something else in there too so it looks more leafy.
Thanks.

Hi James, many thanks, you know the feeling when they don’t eat, its so stressful if they don’t and you can’t help but start worrying! so yes, both of them eating several foods a day or every other day is bliss!
530g male, 470g, I think, female so can’t wait to see what that will be in the autumn.

Back
Top Bottom