attaching branches

caroline?

Avid Member
Hi so i've had some trouble attaching branches and plants in my chameleons cages i keep ripping the screen😖
i know a lot of you use dragon strand ledges but i am unable to afford those at the moment, Is there a way to build them? i have a lot of random supplies to build something similar but i just dont know how to do it
and how do i repair the screens?

Depends what cage you have, i built my own and made some wood ledges. Depending on how big the branches are, you could use hot glue to glue them to the screen, i did that in my old enclosure with the smaller branches

Pain in the butt I've ripped mine a couple of times not badly though. You can get tiny zip ties or craft wire to secure them

Attachments

• 20201204_181404.jpg
    20201204_181404.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 165
im working on my cages now and i just finished august's cage and he's loving it, i'll ad a picture is their anything i should fix?

Attachments

• A5FD1B03-974A-43CE-BE5E-319C44044582.jpeg
    A5FD1B03-974A-43CE-BE5E-319C44044582.jpeg
    261.3 KB · Views: 130
Hi so i've had some trouble attaching branches and plants in my chameleons cages i keep ripping the screen😖
i know a lot of you use dragon strand ledges but i am unable to afford those at the moment, Is there a way to build them? i have a lot of random supplies to build something similar but i just dont know how to do it
and how do i repair the screens?
I rescreened my reptibreeze with a chicken wire type screening. I did this for my last Cham after he lost a few nails in the reptibreeze screening. It is easier for them to climb and easier to attach branches. But obviously need to be sure there are no sharp pieces.

I used plain sewing thread for a quick repair of torn screening. It wasn’t very pretty but it worked. Have you checked Neptune the chameleon on YouTube? She has a video about ways to attach branches. One way that I think would be great is attaching some sticks vertically to the corners of the frame and then zip tie some horizontal branches or sticks to those, to create a kind of scaffolding support. Then you can further attach branches and vines through your enclosure.

You can buy aluminum window screen. You have to take the panels off but you can rescreen it the same as a window screen. Just look up a youtube video for doing window screens. Smaller areas they actually sell patches you can use on the screen.

Back
Top Bottom