Athlete's Foot - how to treat?

ndugan7

I have had problems with my male panther's feet, sores and redness, red nailbeds...I have since cleaned all his vines and plants and they do get good and dry in between mistings. I now believe that he has a fungus that is causing the problem and am looking for some information to treat it. I have been using triple anti-biotic after i disinfect with betadine and wash the feet, then applying new skin as a barrier.
My worry is that i need an anti-fungal to cure the problem and am wondering if an over the counter one would work?

i have the largest size biovines in there and a giant piece of drift wood...most of the vines are all the same diameter. I have two slightly smaller vines i wrapped around some the bigger ones to make them thicker as well.

do chams get foot fungus? or is it sores from the vines? What would be good to do for both that i'm not doing now?

They can certainly get fungi and they can have allergic reactions and they can injure themselves on scratchy things.

Maybe if you could manage a picture of a foot it might help? Someone might recognize it from their own chameleon experience.

Back
Top Bottom