Asleep in a hole

armyrec1

So I recently posted about our female laying eggs but today is two days after her laying and she looks to have been asleep in the hole all day now, her head is visible but her eyes have been closed all day. We are very worried, has this happened to anyone else before. She does seem to be alive but isn't moving.

anyone???? Does anyone know of this, seen this before or can shed any guidance or advice, Im close to going in and taking her out.

Thanks

I agree that you need to see a vet as soon as possible. Do you have any knowledge of whether or not her eggs have been laid? I would be worried about egg-binding especially. Some chameleons do not take to egg-laying as well as others, most vets are able to recommend you to an exotic veterinarian. Please keep us informed!

Its all ok :)
She is just fine and happily came out of the hole eventually. We guess she was just resting.
She had already laid a clutch back in April and confused us then as the next day she did a similar thing by digging another hole but not laying.

Well two days ago she laid another clutch and again seems to have taken a "rest day" in another hole. So relieved its unreal.
We have given her calcium and water and she is now a lot stronger than she was yesterday actually. So it really does seem to have been a rest day.
She is sat on her fave perch now, drinking and drinking and washing the dirt off :)

Thank you for the replies.

Back
Top Bottom