Asher's Progress Thread (56K Warning)

Thanks for the kind words everyone. His face and casque is still skeleton like, sucken in, but it's not as bad as it was and his body has definitely filled out some.

I really wish the sun would come back to us here so I could get him outside for a bit.

Ok, so tonight he ate a superworm from my hand, errrr from my tweezers... YAY! He's up to 86g tonight and I have some updated pictures. He looks like a whole new guy already and the skeleton look is almost entirely gone.

IMAG0183.jpg

IMAG0182.jpg

Have I mentioned that he has completely stolen my heart?

I think it was him playing hard to get for the first couple days, I fall for that dark, mysterious stranger act every time!

You should be very proud of yourself, he looks so much better! Keep up the great work and posts. I love his colors ;)

Well, I'm going to go with the update of "I believe he's feeling better."

Asher is now at 90g, up 11g in 6 days, and he was not very happy with me at ALL for weighing him. I feel like my hands are covered with pinholes from him gripping me so tightly and I can honestly say I have never heard any cham growl as much as he did just for weighing him.

I'm proud to report that Asher is going through his first shed with us. I do not have any current photos, the battery in my camera is dead and I can't find the charger. :mad:

He is full of attitude, but will eagerly eat from my hand (tweezers) AND AND AND he eats Dubia!!! I'm so happy because I was beginning to believe I had a colony in the closet for nothing. My dragons eat them, but then they have attitudes afterwards, I like to say it brings out the wild in them.

Asher is even eating some curly kale! I was surprised to see chunks missing from the plant, so I used a clothes pin to hang up some Kale and it has disappeared. I do believe he's a happy cham having so much food, water AND variety!

I'm proud to report that Asher is going through his first shed with us. I do not have any current photos, the battery in my camera is dead and I can't find the charger. :mad:

He is full of attitude, but will eagerly eat from my hand (tweezers) AND AND AND he eats Dubia!!! I'm so happy because I was beginning to believe I had a colony in the closet for nothing. My dragons eat them, but then they have attitudes afterwards, I like to say it brings out the wild in them.

Asher is even eating some curly kale! I was surprised to see chunks missing from the plant, so I used a clothes pin to hang up some Kale and it has disappeared. I do believe he's a happy cham having so much food, water AND variety!

We will forgive you for the lack of pics.....................This time! :D

I'm so happy to read these updates... it tugs at the heart strings... as a person who strongly believes that pets should be rescues whenever possible I know that the affection I have for my rescues is always a big deal for me.. theres a connection there when you do something like this.... It sounds like its been to his benifit.. and yours... kudos:D

Sorry for the lack of recent update, it's been a little hectic around here.

Asher is doing wonderful! He has finally realized that he has a bottom and a top of his cage. For a while he stayed in the middle of his plant all day, but now he is all over the place. It's difficult to get a picture of him now because of how quickly he can maneuver the cage. He's eating and drinking well also. He has yet to refuse any food I've offered him. Supers, dubia, crickets, greens, he eats them all up.

He has also realized that it isn't entirely necessary to run from people when they come near his cage. He will still sometimes do the chameleon flop, as I call it, where he rotates himself along the side of the branch he is on to hide.

It has been the most awesome experience watching him improve and become a chameleon again with the temper to go along with.

Back
Top Bottom