around the floor latly...

naich

my 10 month old male ambilobe has been in the bottom 2 feet of his encloser this mourning and all of yesterday...his color is noticable darker...but he is still aware of things and will attack my hand...yesterday he spent the whole a few inches from the floor...and today is the same...he just moves around the bottom area of his cage.......repti sun 5.0 linear.....he can get 7 inches close to it...without going on the screen...and 60 watt house bulb with a basking apot of 86 to 87 degrees.

he ate 40 bb flies and 10 silks in the past week......so why is he doing this...is itn a problem or is he just looking for a mate?

Same here!

Hello! Mine is doing exactly the same and this, for a while. I really don't know what to think about it. The problem is that since he (it) is down , he thinks that everything is ennemies and he hurt his nose trying to fight my cats through the windows! I really hope that someone here can give us some answers....I have had my meller's for almost two years now...

answers: it may be too hot, my veiled did this when it was too hot, i lowered the temps, and he doesnt do it anymore. also, i asked this a while ago, people said, he may be looking for a mate, because he still goes down to the bottom every once and a while, or hes just exploring (which i doubt).

Is the chameleon a male for sure, naich? Can you post a picture please?
mcthestrong...you said "it"...can you post a picture please?

It could be a heat issue but it could be a number of other things which would be a bigger problem too. If its a heat issue then lowering the temperature in the basking area should make a difference. If that doesn't solve it then you need to look at other things. Does the chameleon show any signs of MBD? Illness?

My only guess would be that it could be too hot because its summer. I would double check the temps.

ill checl the temps...i think its the heat...he crwls around just fine...and yes its a male he leaves sperm plugs everywhere and is 10 months old...kinda hard to screw up an adult male with a female.....

ill lower it tonight and see what happenes in the mourning.

Back
Top Bottom