Are you Nuts?

You do realize what you've just done to yourself...you've become an addict....you can't just have one! :)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Isn't that the bloody truth :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: . I would still call myself an amateur approaching novice but now have four. If not for this site and members like you along with loads of pestering @Matt Vanilla Gorilla in the month between buying Blue and receiving him I doubt I would've gotten the pleasure of keeping these wonderful little creatures. now instead of going home to have dinner and watch tv a little before bed it's go home, have dinner and watch my babies while I listen to the tv/ my wife in the background :LOL:. I kind of feel bad for @Krissy83. She gets a lot more "huh?" type comments out of me now at night :ROFLMAO:.

I saw a chameleon in the store many years ago and bought it...I was told I was a fool because they only live 2 weeks in captivity. It lived a lot longer than that. The next one lived even longer and the third longer than that. That's when I was hooked and the number of critters expanded at my house and I soon had over 100 chameleons, water dragons, tortoises, beardies geckos, etc...and temporarily off and on all the babies they were producing. The reproduction was done to prove to myself that my husbandry was ok. I felt that if the adults lived good healthy long lives with me and the eggs hatched/live births went ok and I could raise some of the babies up and continue on the lines that I was doing something right. It was all very adrictive!

Glad I am in such good company, My daughter said “why would you want to get one of those they don’t do anything”. But I really enjoy watching Lenny or Lenora (only 2 months old, the consensus is that it’s Lenora), But just ordered the setup for the second one, then babies.
I am addicted! But you know, as you get older you go through a second childhood!

I got into chams in my late 20s, and I know Jann got started when her daughter went off to college. There's plenty of us ladies who keep chameleons, so welcome to the club!

Pet people are usually nuts. Don't claim to to be an exception.
Nope, wouldn't do that, except when I am around people that I have to call the roaches "beetles", then I know that they can't go in my room, no matter how much they want to know what the weird chirping sound that I claim is the pipes is actually crickets.

Glad I am in such good company, My daughter said “why would you want to get one of those they don’t do anything”. But I really enjoy watching Lenny or Lenora (only 2 months old, the consensus is that it’s Lenora), But just ordered the setup for the second one, then babies.
I am addicted! But you know, as you get older you go through a second childhood!

Exactly! I have plenty of friends that ask me the same thing. Only fellow chameleon lovers can understand!

Back
Top Bottom