Are this faucet filters any good?

Well, I just phoned and the RO buddie filter is way cheaper. At my local store for RO it's $1/gallon or $3.50/5 gallons. To replace the cartridges for the 50GPD RO buddie it's around $97 to replace all the cartridges and they last for around 1500 gallons so just the cost of filtering the water is about $0.07/gallon, plus whatever you pay for water normally. I would guess it's about $0.15/gallon of RO water when you factor in the cost of the water that is used total. So I would say the RO buddie is definitely cost effective.

Last edited:
Well, I just phoned and the RO buddie filter is way cheaper. At my local store for RO it's $1/gallon or $3.50/5 gallons. To replace the cartridges for the 50GPD RO buddie it's around $97 to replace all the cartridges and they last for around 1500 gallons so just the cost of filtering the water is about $0.07/gallon, plus whatever you pay for water normally. I would guess it's about $0.15/gallon of RO water when you factor in the cost of the water that is used total. So I would say the RO buddie is definitely cost effective.
Thanks for always doing yeoman's work for the benefit of the forum. I think I'm gonna take the plunge!!

Last Question, Is the water drinkable for a human?
with the pur filter, it's still not drinkable
I'm confused as with the pur filter, which is similar to a Brita if I remember correctly, it is safe for a human. But yes the water from the RO buddie system is safe for human consumption to my knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom