Are this faucet filters any good?

TBH, IDK if it's safe for chams to drink; a lot depends on the tap water you're starting with and how much calcium is in it. Those filters are pretty good for removing a lot of things; unfortunately, calcium isn't one of them. Calcium is the enemy of misting systems; it can cause buildup in nozzles, hoses, fittings, & the pump. It also leaves those white crusty stains on plants & other surfaces.

https://www.ewg.org/tapwater/

+1 to what @Klyde O'Scope said.

I think a few keepers here have reverse osmosis filters set up in their homes. That would produce water that's safe for misting and drinking.

@MissSkittles am I remembering correctly that you have an RO filter system?
I do have an RO system. I use this one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DOG63OY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Super easy to attach/detach from my kitchen sink faucet when I need to make chameleon water. Had I known at the time I bought it that I’d have so many chameleons, I would have bought the 100GPD model.

I do have an RO system. I use this one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DOG63OY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Super easy to attach/detach from my kitchen sink faucet when I need to make chameleon water. Had I known at the time I bought it that I’d have so many chameleons, I would have bought the 100GPD model.
I have the same one! I would definitely recommend it! I have mine teed into the cold water supply for the washing machine as it's convenient and out of the way.
16347160405082172123651462498883.jpg

I wanted to use brita. I'm assuming thats a no go too? Right now I use jugg water.

Last edited:
I wanted to use brita. I'm assuming thats a no go too? Right now I use jugg water.
Brita is about the same as the PUR mentioned above.

If by 'jugg water' you mean RO or distilled, that's about as clean/pure as you can get without investing in a home distilled or RO system.

How are those reverse osmosis filters working for you all?
Any good?

I live in an apartment so I would have to detach when I dip from there, is that a possibility?

I just buy distilled in the jug but for one Cham I sure use a lot!
Yeah, me too. I'm going through 7 gal/week just for the chameleon. You?
RO water is allegedly le$$, but in our case the additional mileage to get RO water eats up any savings, so we just pick up distilled while grocery shopping.

That actually sounds about right for your rig.
We've got to add a whole second system for the rock with feet (different schedule).

How are those reverse osmosis filters working for you all?
Any good?

I live in an apartment so I would have to detach when I dip from there, is that a possibility?
I only attach mine to the sink faucet when I need to make water. Super easy - screw on/screw off. It seems to work quite well. I’m on city water which tastes terrible. I tried some of the RO water and zero taste, as water should be. No water residue left on anything in my chams’ enclosures. My only complaint is that it takes all day to make 25 gallons.

I only attach mine to the sink faucet when I need to make water. Super easy - screw on/screw off. It seems to work quite well. I’m on city water which tastes terrible. I tried some of the RO water and zero taste, as water should be. No water residue left on anything in my chams’ enclosures. My only complaint is that it takes all day to make 25 gallons.
Ohh I see..
So Its not instant water.

You mentioned the 100GPD, I supposed that would be 3 times faster?

How often you change your filters?

Ohh I see..
So Its not instant water.

You mentioned the 100GPD, I supposed that would be 3 times faster?

How often you change your filters?
The 100GPD would be twice as fast. I change the filters depending on how much water I need to make. When I just needed 12-15 gals/month, I changed it after about 7-8 months. Now that I’m making well over double that, I change it every 3-4 months.

Back
Top Bottom