Are these plants Okay?

Ange

Hi I bought some plants from a store (canadian Tire) and was wondering if anyone uses these or has experience with them or know if they are toxic.
Any help would be appreciated :) , they are for a Bearded pygmy enclosure. No scientific names were provived for these plants, they were mainly labelled "tropical"

Attachments

• Picture 707.jpg
    Picture 707.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 116
  • Picture 706.jpg
    Picture 706.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 145
  • Picture 705.jpg
    Picture 705.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 126
  • Picture 704.jpg
    Picture 704.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 151
As HecticZ said #1 is pothos _Scindapsus aureus_, and its perfect. #2 looks like a parlor palm _Chamedorea elegans_ aka Neanthabella, not usually considered dangerous. I'm using my phone and can't see the third one very well, but I'll tell you what it is when I'm home. Number 4 is _Syngonium_ (hello Syn). It's an aroid and I would skip it if you had a grazing species of chameleon.

http://www.flchams.com/safe_plant_list.asp

this list seems a little large... but a general rule of thumb i like to suggest is if your cham starts nibbling to the point where you notice (for the keepers who arent watching their chams every move), take the plant out to prevent harm even if it is on the safe list

...and behind door #3

the third one looks like a form of English Ivy. It should not be used where grazing is a risk.

I don't know if it matters about the potential toxicity of any of these plants when you're keeping pygmies. Seems moot.

Thank you alll sooooo much i feel much better about the plants now :) I think i'll pick up my pygmy's on friday i cant wait :D

Back
Top Bottom